Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what's the protocol for item drops in flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
what's the protocol for item drops in flashpoints

Shai-Huluud
08.09.2012 , 07:15 AM | #31
I'd like to apologise to the OP and other "new to MMO'ers" who have come to this thread seeking clarity.

my apology is for those that are far too ungracious to appreciate that you came here to ask and have instead decided to give you a verbal kicking over and over.

personally I blame the parents.
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

Cashcrop
08.09.2012 , 08:53 AM | #32
I'm a Bounty Hunter tank. I need absolutely nothing for my main spec from HM FPs. However, I run HM FPs for the sole purpose of gearing up my Aim-using DPS companion. This kills two birds with one stone, as that set of Columi is also my DPS off-spec set.

If I take the time to run a HM FP, I have every right to roll Need on gear for my companion that uses my main stat. This is especially true since I've already completed my main-spec gear.

Main-spec > Off-spec > Companion > Vendor

If I've completed my main-spec, I don't need those pieces anymore, as now I Need my off-spec gear.

Having said all of that, I would never Need on gear that drops for an IA Operative without the permission of the group.

Takin_A_Sith
08.09.2012 , 08:56 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Shai-Huluud View Post
I'd like to apologise to the OP and other "new to MMO'ers" who have come to this thread seeking clarity.

my apology is for those that are far too ungracious to appreciate that you came here to ask and have instead decided to give you a verbal kicking over and over.

personally I blame the parents.
Thank You.
It's nice to see some out there understand that you learn right from wrong by making mistakes and asking questions. I understand the frustration of seeing an item that will improve your guy, just to have someone swoop in and get it when they don't need it. But taking your frustrations out on someone who is trying to learn is just plain wrong. If it ticks you off that much, go play a single player game for a while. I've heard they can be quite fun.

Show some tolerance. Not everyone follows the rules. It's a way of life.

wainot-keel
08.09.2012 , 09:05 AM | #34
If you want stuff for a companion, politely ask if you can "need" it. Using group chat to comunicate this kind of thing doesn't hurt. It works every time.

Brittaany_Banks
08.09.2012 , 09:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Cashcrop View Post
I'm a Bounty Hunter tank. I need absolutely nothing for my main spec from HM FPs. However, I run HM FPs for the sole purpose of gearing up my Aim-using DPS companion. This kills two birds with one stone, as that set of Columi is also my DPS off-spec set.

If I take the time to run a HM FP, I have every right to roll Need on gear for my companion that uses my main stat. This is especially true since I've already completed my main-spec gear.

Main-spec > Off-spec > Companion > Vendor

If I've completed my main-spec, I don't need those pieces anymore, as now I Need my off-spec gear.

Having said all of that, I would never Need on gear that drops for an IA Operative without the permission of the group.
If there is another BH in your group that needs gear do you do the same thing? Cause if you do you are extremely wrong and deserve to Be ignored by everyone on your server.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Cashcrop
08.09.2012 , 09:26 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
If there is another BH in your group that needs gear do you do the same thing? Cause if you do you are extremely wrong and deserve to Be ignored by everyone on your server.
I inspect every BH I encounter in a FP. If he/she has Columi for the slot in question, then I'd say he doesn't need it. I'll roll Need np. If it's an upgrade for him, then I typically let him have it.

I will say that the tone of your post is very judgemental. I really don't appreciate you deciding that some random, hypothetical person's time is more important than mine. Exactly how would that make you feel?

Usually at the beginning of the FP, if I'm there for my companion's gear, I'll let the group know. If they don't like it, they can leave. Based on your logic, I'd have to spend half of my time gearing up someone else. Fun.

Brittaany_Banks
08.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #37
I inspect every BH I encounter in a FP. If he/she has Columi for the slot in question, then I'd say he doesn't need it. I'll roll Need np. If it's an upgrade for him, then I typically let him have it.

I will say that the tone of your post is very judgemental. I really don't appreciate you deciding that some random, hypothetical person's time is more important than mine. Exactly how would that make you feel?

Usually at the beginning of the FP, if I'm there for my companion's gear, I'll let the group know. If they don't like it, they can leave. Based on your logic, I'd have to spend half of my time gearing up someone else. Fun.
From the way you were describing your actions it sounded as though it was all about you.

AND lol as far as the tone of my post being judgemental; welcome to the internet my friend.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Cashcrop
08.09.2012 , 09:51 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
...AND lol as far as the tone of my post being judgemental; welcome to the internet my friend.
Hold on a sec. You can behave based on: "Well the Internet is a faceless medium of communication, and there really won't be any repercussions for what I write to some other person, so it's okay for me to not be civil, gracious, and kind."

But when someone performs an action that is completely working as intended (e.g.; rolling Need on a virtual item in a video game on the Internet), you are up-in-arms about it?

I'm just assuming you're unaware of how contradictory your side of this conversation is.

Icebergy
08.09.2012 , 10:06 AM | #39
If you need rolled an item to sell it, they were perfectly justified in kicking you, and I would have done the same.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Skodan
08.09.2012 , 02:17 PM | #40
this is the key thing to it all. without permission or asking the group ahead of time, 99% of groups will loot based on the assumption of need for class, greed for anything else
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds