Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rank top DPS after 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Rank top DPS after 1.3

Wheelerific
08.02.2012 , 07:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnugthreeonefive View Post
I don't really understand those rankings, considering one of our PTs is top DPS literally 98%+ of the time in RWZ (100% in normal).

They lose to Mara's 1v1, but simply put up better numbers overall every single time.
Thread isn't talking about pvp dps, which depends on much more than pve.
~ Mintey ~ Angeli ~ Loho ~
~ Tickle ~ Fickle ~ Wheeler ~

~ The Bastion ~

Daemos
08.05.2012 , 12:12 PM | #22
I see a LOT of posts here saying that Anni Marauders are great and this and that, but not a single one about Carnage. My question is this. Has Carnage been nerfed since the last time I played or do people simply not know how to play it right? After 1.3 I switched to Carnage and the amount of burst it did in pve situations seemed to make it far superior to Anni. Anni was great for consistant damage, but overall Carnage pulled ahead. It also gave me a bit more survivability on fights with the less aoe damage and defensive forms as well.

I havent played the game recently due to no time. But it just seemed to me that Carnage was a far better fit for my playstyle, AND did so much damage that no one in my guild was able to beat my damage. Has this changed or do people simply not know how to play Carnage right so they go with Annihilation because it was what was best to begin with and now they are comfortable with it.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." -

Wheelerific
08.06.2012 , 10:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemos View Post
Has Carnage been nerfed since the last time I played or do people simply not know how to play it right?

Has this changed or do people simply not know how to play Carnage right so they go with Annihilation because it was what was best to begin with and now they are comfortable with it.
I find it highly unlikely that the people who spend a majority of their playtime each week (hours in the double digit range) working with a parser and the dummies so they can maximize their dps havent tried other options of what talent points they use....

Annihilation is higher, and I don't know hardly anything about maras.
~ Mintey ~ Angeli ~ Loho ~
~ Tickle ~ Fickle ~ Wheeler ~

~ The Bastion ~

Truescopes
08.08.2012 , 07:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemos View Post
I see a LOT of posts here saying that Anni Marauders are great and this and that, but not a single one about Carnage. My question is this. Has Carnage been nerfed since the last time I played or do people simply not know how to play it right? After 1.3 I switched to Carnage and the amount of burst it did in pve situations seemed to make it far superior to Anni. Anni was great for consistant damage, but overall Carnage pulled ahead. It also gave me a bit more survivability on fights with the less aoe damage and defensive forms as well.

I havent played the game recently due to no time. But it just seemed to me that Carnage was a far better fit for my playstyle, AND did so much damage that no one in my guild was able to beat my damage. Has this changed or do people simply not know how to play Carnage right so they go with Annihilation because it was what was best to begin with and now they are comfortable with it.
It's higher using simulations and the highest parses in the game have been posted by annihilation marauders, it also has much more survivability with the self-heals. All carnage has over it is the on-demand burst.