Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QuickBunnie
08.08.2012 , 02:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes but how many people going would really be gamers? Compared to a Con which is dedicated to games?
I think a healthy number will be gamers. Besides, non-gamers is probably the best market for SW:TOR right now. Gamers have played SW:TOR, and most of them decided it wasn't really for them. Star Wars fans will probably like it better.

SidneyFault
08.08.2012 , 02:20 PM | #22
I said this once and I will say it again.

There is no valid reason this company could ever give this community for skipping Celebration VI. just to remind our so called devs and community managers over there.. There has only been 6 of these. there have only been 6 official star wars conventions since 1977. That is 6 in 35 year. You must have absolutely no idea about Star Wars community if your choosing to skip this. We are not like Trekkies we do not get multiple conventions across the world every year. If you have anything to do with Star Wars and you are not at this then you might as well just end the game now.

WORST MARKETING IDEA IN HISTORY!!!!!

This is the gathering where you would hope to get the interest of the star wars fans and bring them back into the fold. the whole game is on the verge of collapsing and your going to choose to skip this. there was a 4 year gap between celebration V. While these look like they may still continue to happen No one has an idea when or if we will even get another one. So the idea that one of the biggest games in franchise history is CHOOSING to take a pass on this event is flabbergasting.
May the 4th be with you!!!!!

Thasri
08.08.2012 , 03:22 PM | #23
I'm probably not going to ether event so it' not that much of a concern to me, BUT passing on Cel. V is not cool. Ether way, a new battle ground is great news, BUT, where the hell is WORLD PVP gone? Do you remember Illum? GW2 is about to come out and it is going to kick your butts, specially if their World PVP is better than SWTOR's, O wait, it is because we got no world PVP. The F2P stuff I know is priority but man this has to happen and soon.
A Republic Guild
SAINT Founder Jung Ma Jedi Shadow

Emeda
08.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

Our Community Manager, Joveth Gonzalez, just gave an update on why we will not be going to Celebration VI this year. Please remember that this thread is specifically about GamesCom.

Thanks!
That doesnt explain why you are not going to star wars celebration but still going to gamescom.

If anything I would have though you would cancel this one instead of SWC. This is Star Wars.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

Emeda
08.08.2012 , 03:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes but how many people going would really be gamers? Compared to a Con which is dedicated to games?
How many of the games do you think already tried the game? They are going to a gaming convention to try and get gamers? If they are gamers then most likely they have tried the game already or never intend to try it. Or they are the ones that dont like the subs and are coming because its going F2P

The star wars celebration will have people that are not gamers and they have a change to get them into gaming.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

amona
08.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
I think a healthy number will be gamers. Besides, non-gamers is probably the best market for SW:TOR right now. Gamers have played SW:TOR, and most of them decided it wasn't really for them. Star Wars fans will probably like it better.
look i feel for you i would be pissed off if they decided to cancel; at the last moment. but gamescom is their only european convention. you still have star wars centerd event while if they canceld gamescom i had nothing to there becouse there is no swtor is the only thing star wars there.

amona
08.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
That doesnt explain why you are not going to star wars celebration but still going to gamescom.

If anything I would have though you would cancel this one instead of SWC. This is Star Wars.
becouse gamescom is in europe and swc is in the us. europe is half of their players and they would rage if they only went to us conventions.

QuickBunnie
08.08.2012 , 03:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by amona View Post
look i feel for you i would be pissed off if they decided to cancel; at the last moment. but gamescom is their only european convention. you still have star wars centerd event while if they canceld gamescom i had nothing to there becouse there is no swtor is the only thing star wars there.
Yeah, I thought about this, and since Bioware has already been to PAX East and Comic-con this summer (a video game con and a non-video game con), cancelling their only European con would have been just as bad.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of Bioware and EA cancelling either event. They are reducing costs across the board I'm sure, but reneging on an already announced convention is a disservice to your fans not to mention generally unprofessional. They should reduce convention presence next year, not renege on announced events.

agamemnon-
08.08.2012 , 05:09 PM | #29
At this point, Bioware needs to go to Celebration, GamesCom, ComicCon, the G8 summit, the UN Security Council and whatever other mass gatherings they can think of if they are going to salvage the game.

TheHunterC
08.08.2012 , 10:24 PM | #30
You mentioned something about handing out in-game codes and collectables. Will us players who are to busy or just can't come to Gamescom be able find them or get them elsewhere????
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner