Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any chance for a server migration from a HEAVY populated server to a LIGHT populated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Any chance for a server migration from a HEAVY populated server to a LIGHT populated

Flubbah
12.19.2011 , 12:31 PM | #1
Hello

I am currently playing on Bloodworthy - EU PVP (English) - Which since december 15th has experienced queues between 1 and 2 hours. Which is way to much in my book. From 16:00 CET to 00:00 CET) on both weekends and weekdays.

Are you considering offering players and guilds a migration to one of the lower populated EU PVP (English) servers?

I know we could all just reroll, but that is not an option that is desireable, but might eventually be the case.

Considering that game has not even officially launched yet, I fear for the coming influx of new people who want to play with their friends, who more than likely are on some of the heavy populated servers.

I have read the post regarding server queues, but that post was not answer, it was merely an acknowledgement of the fact that you know we have large queues.

I look forward to an answer.

Kind Regards

Flubbah

Darth_Malady
12.19.2011 , 12:33 PM | #2
Umm re-roll? The game has not even officially launched yet. It is far to early to even feasibly ask for a transfer.

Click here to join The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance: A Heavy-RP Guild
Click here to be my BFF!

Flubbah
12.19.2011 , 12:38 PM | #3
Thanks for the tip, but like I said - that is not a desireable option, because that only solves my problem, not the problem of the other 1000+ players who also suffer with queues, and it doesn't help my guild either - Plus I am not asking for a migration, I am asking if they are considering it, because if they are, we might not switch servers and reroll, but instead stick with it for a week or two.

Aethyrprime
12.19.2011 , 12:45 PM | #4
I'd like to see an option for linked guilds (allies & adversaries) to be given the choice to participate in a mass transfer to less populated servers for all characters in one of the linked guilds on a certain date with a community notice and a participate in server re-balancing option in the guild leaders guild options panel. That way we as a group could elect to participate in this and let Bioware sort out the numbers themselves based on the bulk of need vs availability that only they have the metrics to determine. In such a case that this was done it should help a lot as many of us did not pick our server. We were assigned to a busy server. My guild is one of those guilds that is linked to nearly 10 other guilds (allies and adversaries) from Anarchy-Online. No one wants to reroll for the simple fact that we started on this server from day 1 and have characters that are considerably high level and invested in to on top of how messy it would be to try to coordinate a 10 guild server swap just to find out it was to another server that will end up being just as busy because we don't know the actual numbers for that server.

but I digress...

Flubbah
12.19.2011 , 12:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
I'd like to see an option for linked guilds (allies & adversaries) to be given the choice to participate in a mass transfer to less populated servers for all characters in one of the linked guilds on a certain date with a community notice and a participate in server re-balancing option in the guild leaders guild options panel. That way we as a group could elect to participate in this and let Bioware sort out the numbers themselves based on the bulk of need vs availability that only they have the metrics to determine. In such a case that this was done it should help a lot as many of us did not pick our server. We were assigned to a busy server. My guild is one of those guilds that is linked to nearly 10 other guilds (allies and adversaries) from Anarchy-Online. No one wants to reroll for the simple fact that we started on this server from day 1 and have characters that are considerably high level and invested in to on top of how messy it would be to try to coordinate a 10 guild server swap just to find out it was to another server that will end up being just as busy because we don't know the actual numbers for that server.

but I digress...
Exactly - I know we did it in Everquest way back when, and it worked wonders, everyone was happy about it. That was actually a split, people were asked, do you want to move to the new server YES or NO. Back then there wasn't a guild system that could handle transfering of guilds. But I think that would be possible today.

PeterMAbraham
12.19.2011 , 01:07 PM | #6
Good day:

Eve Online -- one server for everyone... no lag, no game freezing, no latency for 99% of the population.

Thank you.

Flubbah
12.19.2011 , 05:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterMAbraham View Post
Good day:

Eve Online -- one server for everyone... no lag, no game freezing, no latency for 99% of the population.

Thank you.
Well since is this a forum for SW:Tor - I kindly disregard your comment about another game, I have no zero interest in.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/launch-dow...rvers-incoming

However I will take this post regarding the reminder about the launch to heart, and await the next two weeks: