Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fearful in EC

bleachit
08.08.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1
Okay I have seen MANY different posts on how fearful works. Everything from distance from tank, distance from Zorn, distance from Toth, and then even it being conal. Can I get an honest explanation of how it works exactly. I just know that my dps are telling me they are 28 meters away and sometimes they get it and sometimes they don't. Please explain!

Mavery
08.08.2012 , 11:09 AM | #2
Fearful is applied by Zorn and has a 30 meter radius. Your DPS, at one point or another, are going to get it. They have to recognize it and be careful during transitions.

DSafana
08.08.2012 , 11:30 AM | #3
If you call out when Toth is jumping to Zorn, every DPS who will be attacking ZORN, should back away from him and be at least 30 meters away. As a sniper I just stop attacking and back off a few extra meters until the jump is done. Check to make sure I don't have the Fearful debuff, then move back to 30'ish meters to attack again. Even if I'm at 32 meters before the jump I still do this because Fearful is worse than 3 seconds out of combat a few times during a fight.

Agarwaenn
08.08.2012 , 11:31 AM | #4
It's actually ~27ish meters, not 30. If they are getting it, than they are within the 25m most likely during the tank swap, when Toth Jumps.
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)

sithterror
08.08.2012 , 11:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Fearful is applied by Zorn and has a 30 meter radius. Your DPS, at one point or another, are going to get it. They have to recognize it and be careful during transitions.
You are partially correct.
Zorn will do the fearfull effect but it only goes to 28 meters. So if you have the info enabled on the target nameplate icon you can see your exact distance. The tank can keep still until the red circle aoe phase which then everyone has to run it is best to run out of range and barely into it to keep fearfull from applying.
Furthermore, if you have your ranged on Zorn (30m-35m) then it will be easy to never get fearful during the whole boss fight unless you are careless and get to close during the red circle phase mania.

Ejou
08.08.2012 , 11:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn View Post
It's actually 25m, not 30. If they are getting it, than they are within the 25m most likely during the tank swap, when Toth Jumps.
This.

It's 25m from TOTH when he lands his jump. People mistakenly think its 30m from zorn. I'm a dirty fighting GS and my dots have a 30m range. I stand at 29m and rarely get fearful.

The positioning of TOTH/ZORN is equally as important as you could end up being a lot closer to TOTH than ZORN when the jump lands.
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse

Mavery
08.08.2012 , 11:45 AM | #7
I'm not incorrect.

Quote:
Zorn's "Fearful" debuff is now correctly restricted to 30 meters.
Source: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.3/582012

It's 30 meters.

Shecrazy
08.08.2012 , 12:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ejou View Post
This.

It's 25m from TOTH when he lands his jump. People mistakenly think its 30m from zorn. I'm a dirty fighting GS and my dots have a 30m range. I stand at 29m and rarely get fearful.

The positioning of TOTH/ZORN is equally as important as you could end up being a lot closer to TOTH than ZORN when the jump lands.
^^^^^

wetslampigduex
08.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ejou View Post
This.

from toth?!?!? trolololol?

alifaraaz
08.08.2012 , 12:24 PM | #10
I may be incorrect but yeah I'm quite certain the range originates from where Toth lands, not where Zorn stands. May seem weird, but I'm pretty sure its true.

The reason I believe this is because if the group stands in a normal triangle with the ranged sitting at 30m from Zorn, they sometimes get fearful due to the fact that Toth lands a bit closer, cutting the distance to less than 30m.

There is also another point to consider which is that the debuff originates from the centre of the target (Whether that be Toth as I believe it to be, or Zorn as others believe it to be).
Now the actual bosses target window probably has a diameter of about 6m, meaning when your target frame says hes 27m away, youre 27m away from his edge, and thus about 30m away from his centre. Which in turn kind of explains how some people manage to sit at around 28m (According to their target frame) and never get fearful.

I could be very much wrong, but thats what I feel seems to be happening. It's also the reason why we always just split into two groups, instead of trying to have the ranged sit in the middle, they sit 30m away from Zorn near the walls (forming a sort of 90 degree square-corner triangle). They rarely get fearful, but the downside to this is that they have further to run with the Yellow Circle in HM.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]