Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what's the protocol for item drops in flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
what's the protocol for item drops in flashpoints

Takin_A_Sith
08.08.2012 , 09:46 AM | #11
I only work off the character I'm currently using. If the item is better than what I have equiped then it's "Need" all the way. This also goes for my companion, since they are an extention of my character. Otherwise, it's "Greed" if the item looks good enough to sell. "Disasemble" is completely f'n pointless in my opinion, but that's just me.

LuthirFontaine
08.08.2012 , 11:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Takin_A_Sith View Post
I only work off the character I'm currently using. If the item is better than what I have equiped then it's "Need" all the way. This also goes for my companion, since they are an extention of my character. Otherwise, it's "Greed" if the item looks good enough to sell. "Disasemble" is completely f'n pointless in my opinion, but that's just me.
Dont be needing for a companion unless no one else wants it....usually a yellow card in my book

Takin_A_Sith
08.08.2012 , 12:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LuthirFontaine View Post
Dont be needing for a companion unless no one else wants it....usually a yellow card in my book
I guess we won't be grouping up anytime soon.

DSafana
08.08.2012 , 01:26 PM | #14
I guess we won't be grouping up anytime soon.
If your needing for a companion, you'd make your way on my ignore list so I'd never have to group with you again. What's the max capacity of the Ignore list?

Takin_A_Sith
08.08.2012 , 01:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DSafana View Post
If your needing for a companion, you'd make your way on my ignore list so I'd never have to group with you again. What's the max capacity of the Ignore list?
I guess I'm "THAT GUY".......

I've always wanted to be "THAT GUY".

Skodan
08.08.2012 , 01:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
If they need it, yes, you give it to them.

It generally goes

Main Spec > Off spec > Alt > Companion > Sell

I've never liked people choosing Disassemble, as its a complete loss in almost every single case.
most stuff though unless it is green will be bind on pickup so you cant give it to an alt
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Shai-Huluud
08.08.2012 , 01:57 PM | #17
for the sake of giving those that disagree a nice broad spectrum of player views to consider, I too would not group with someone who NEEDS for companions...it's just not cricket.
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

ICSWOR
08.08.2012 , 02:05 PM | #18
I guess I'm "THAT GUY".......

I've always wanted to be "THAT GUY".
Congrats on being "That Guy". Must be getting lonely.

DenitharPurloin
08.08.2012 , 02:13 PM | #19
There is a "common" rule because most feel it is the correct way to do things. It did not originate on this game either, it has been in practice for years since need/greed was introduced:

NEED: My class, improves my stats, my crafting profession, crafting material
GREED: Companion, sell, otherwise

Any further "interpretation" of the commonly accepted "etiquette" could result in further deviation from commonly accepted etiquette...such as vote kicking after final boss is killed, adding to ignore list, etc.

Interpretation of these commonly accepted rules made malleable by one's current situation (low funds/desire to solo/etc.) can only be interpreted as a temporary placebo to ease the fact that you are, or are slowly becoming, an outcast in the MMO society.

Thank you

atheosa
08.08.2012 , 02:23 PM | #20
thank you all for your input. from now on, i will only need what is better equipment and just pass on everything else. if the whole group passes, then we will all greed for it. it seems like this would take more time while playing, but most battles do have a pause at the end before the next one, anyway. again, thanks for the input. i feel i will be a better mmo group mate now.