Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anexxia
08.08.2012 , 10:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
I think that it is a good thing that all official information is done on the official sources.

I was one of the complainers about the fact that you had to read 25 different sources to know what was going on. It would be nice if information is in one central place. Not everyone has time or energy to check all over the internet to find out of the cap will be raised this year or not.
I think that fansites and media interviews provide extra flavor on topics, due in part to the players interviewing devs and coming up with interesting questions. I for one would be bummed to only see dev discussions on game topics only on official channels.
_*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*__*--*_
You can also find me at http://inquisitorsroadhouse.com

Styxx
08.08.2012 , 10:32 AM | #22
Mr. Joveth Gonzalez, can you, please, post Bioware`s definition of "new content" here?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Agarwaenn
08.08.2012 , 10:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
"Now in a position"? Really? So, before, all these times broken bugs have been broken for months at a time (Soa being a fine example), it's because you guys weren't in a position?

Here's another example: Explosive Conflict is broken and you can't complete it right now. Lolwhat? Sorry, but that's pretty inexcusable to make content that many people can do, and many others have on farm, stay broken for over 24 hours. I can't remember off the top of my head the last time I was in a game where existing content stayed broken for over a day in WoW or Rift. This could be rose-tinted glasses I'm wearing, but the fact that it's broken in the only Operation we currently have released in the last few months tends to bother me.
This. this. this. This is where you guys, as OUR community team, need to be hammering the devs for a fix, and standing up for US (the community). Or has everyone with a backbone been let go?

How are we suppose to justify spend $15/month to Op in a few months if Ops stay broken due to a bug introduced by a patch that was not properly tested.
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)

Lostpenguins
08.08.2012 , 10:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn View Post
How are we suppose to justify spend $15/month to Op in a few months if Ops stay broken due to a bug introduced by a patch that was not properly tested.
I'm not totally upset that a bug was introduced, but I can't remember being unable to raid new content or farmed content for even one day because the instance was broken. I understand bleeding edge guilds may hit bugs on content as maybe the developers didn't have certain bosses on the PTS and such, but this isn't new content and now every person who wants to progress in gear in content that's been cleared out since the first week the operation came out... is now stuck waiting for a fix. As I said, I can't recall this happening to me in Rift or WoW where raids had to be cancelled because game-breaking bugs were released in the raid instances... I just feel that when certain bugs were released that were pretty game-breaking Trion and Blizzard got those fixed in hours. I feel like they either had the man-power to do that or that they would properly re-prioritize to get those bugs fixed. I do recall BW shutting down the servers for an instant fix on things such as PvP Valor abuse and GTN bug money duplication, but they won't do the same where scores of players can't complete farmed content?

snowyv
08.08.2012 , 10:44 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

One of our primary goals with this is to ensure that new information about the game is communicated as quickly and effectively as possible.
May I politely ask, that what with this new strategy and all, you think about communicating less about the communicating, and more about the game. Let's start with a few things we would like concrete answers to, outside of the whole F2P FAQ I assume (and hope) is being cooked up somewhere:
  • New content expectation, HK, v1.4
  • PUG RWZ
  • Choosing specific WZs when queuing
  • Server transfers and legacy merges
  • Fixing identified bugs
  • Ilum
  • Dual spec
  • Longer GTN postings
  • Character customizations (both gear and character model)
  • Companion customizations
  • Minigames

We don't need to hear that you're listening to us. We'll know that you are when we hear what you're doing for us.

Thanks

Costello
08.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #26
As post previously about the boy who cried wolf this seems to be a repost of a promise for greater communication.

But what has been worked on for the last 4 months? When will there be a reason to play the game once you make level 50 such as it being fun to do and not just a grind of hard mode or PvP flash points. When will open world PvP come back and perhaps eqaully importantly how will you make it so its option for everyone and not just people with ranked warzone gear?

When will we see guild, social, solo, crafting, companion or story progression? Does the move to F2P mean an end to full VO? In short rather than tell us there will be more communication what is happening with the game and ultimately from a purely business need why should I log in once I have completed the story?

JovethGonzalez
08.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #27 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by snowyv View Post
May I politely ask, that what with this new strategy and all, you think about communicating less about the communicating, and more about the game. Let's start with a few things we would like concrete answers to, outside of the whole F2P FAQ I assume (and hope) is being cooked up somewhere:
  • New content expectation, HK, v1.4
  • PUG RWZ
  • Choosing specific WZs when queuing
  • Server transfers and legacy merges
  • Fixing identified bugs
  • Ilum
  • Dual spec
  • Longer GTN postings
  • Character customizations (both gear and character model)
  • Companion customizations
  • Minigames

We don't need to hear that you're listening to us. We'll know that you are when we hear what you're doing for us.

Thanks
As a community team, we are here to help get answers from developers when they are available. Sometimes, we simply don't have new information or the answers to certain things. The weekly developer Q&A is currently the best place to ask questions related to the development of the game. As I mentioned before, we're going to push for more interactions as part of our new plan.

JovethGonzalez
08.08.2012 , 11:00 AM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn View Post
This. this. this. This is where you guys, as OUR community team, need to be hammering the devs for a fix, and standing up for US (the community). Or has everyone with a backbone been let go?

Last I checked, our backbones were still in place. The Ops that you mentioned is currently being looked at and will be fixed as soon as we can. We have a specific person on our team (Amber) that escalates these issues as soon as they appear to our development team.

Kaywinnit
08.08.2012 , 11:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
As a community team, we are here to help get answers from developers when they are available. Sometimes, we simply don't have new information or the answers to certain things. The weekly developer Q&A is currently the best place to ask questions related to the development of the game. As I mentioned before, we're going to push for more interactions as part of our new plan.

The community Q&A the seems to always pick a good percentage of questions the have already been answered on a community Q&A? Or the one that gets a lot of "we're not ready to talk about that" and "soon" responses?

Can you provide a date when the F2p restrictions will be clarified?
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Kaywinnit
08.08.2012 , 11:06 AM | #30
Also, could we get an official announcemt about SWTOR backing out of Star Wars celebrations, instead of just removing it from the events page with no comment? Why back out of what can be considered the "ultimate" Star Wars gathering?
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.