"Group Invalid" needs to die in a fire

Guys, if I hand pick a team of 4 of my over-geared guildies to bang out the daily flashpoint for our 5 Black Hole comms, I DO NOT NEED THE STUPID "Group Invalid" SCREEN to protect me from my own awesomeness. If I didn't opt to bring a tank or a healer, its because we don't need one.

Turn that crap back off like it was before the patch.

You are assuming that the group finder primary function is there to help you get black hole comms;

I believe the group finder is there to help casuals and people gearing up. The temptation for geared players to do them is the 5 BH comms.

You can still take an archetype group for quick runs, but I would say that it's working forcing archetype groups is correct.

The group finder was not added to help people to simply farm black hole commendations as fast as possible.

Bioware has no reason to want well geared and experienced players to simply farm black hole commendations as fast as possible, for it's own sake, in premade groups with other such players. If that was their main goal, they would not have added a group finder at all. But the more faster people farm black hole commendations, the sooner they get every item that could ever be bought with them and the sooner they can just quit the game completely because they have already achieved everything possible in it.

Group finder was added so that casuals, baddies, noobs and new players could get a chance to do flashpoints more often or to do them at all. However they probably did not want to simply a system where casuals, baddies, noobs and new players would only get grouped with other casuals, baddies, noobs and new players (which would be the case if the group finder did not offer extra rewards) because it would be too hard for them. This is why the daily black hole commendation reward was added to it to bribe the overgeared and experienced players to queue the group finder and boost those "new players" through the flashpoints.

The group finder was designed to, amongst other things, give continuing reason to log in and play to people who would otherwise have no reason to play except for their once a week pass through the high end ops and stabbing Korvik in the face. This change does not affect people using the group finder to create a random pug - it ONLY interferes with premades. I think we can maybe trust people who manged to invite 3 other people to have some clue as to what they invited. And if they don't have a clue a warning rather than an IMPENATRABLE BARRIER TO PLAY is probably more appropriate.

The group finder was designed to, amongst other things, give continuing reason to log in and play to people who would otherwise have no reason to play except for their once a week pass through the high end ops and stabbing Korvik in the face. This change does not affect people using the group finder to create a random pug - it ONLY interferes with premades. I think we can maybe trust people who manged to invite 3 other people to have some clue as to what they invited. And if they don't have a clue a warning rather than an IMPENATRABLE BARRIER TO PLAY is probably more appropriate.

Well said.

It certainly gives me a reason to keep doing flashpoints.

I know this won't help that much (and I agree with removing the restriction on pre-mades, by the way), but I've had fun pugging flashpoints and helping less experienced players learn the boss strategies, rather than trying to pre-make a full group of 4 for the group finder.

Just last night I took a group of 2 new(ish) players through False Emperor for the first time. They were good at listening and so we made it through with a minimum of fuss and 1-shotted every boss. The new players were super proud at the end of it and I had a good time doing it.

You are assuming that the group finder primary function is there to help you get black hole comms;

I believe the group finder is there to help casuals and people gearing up. The temptation for geared players to do them is the 5 BH comms.

You can still take an archetype group for quick runs, but I would say that it's working forcing archetype groups is correct.

If you have a pre-made group of 4, it should ignore the archetype requirement.