Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AP: HEGC or CGC?

Wind_Chaser
08.06.2012 , 07:53 PM | #1
I've been eyeballing the AP tree and was just wondering if you AP guys out there run with the High Energy cylinder or the Combustible cylinder?

I know the AP tree has the additions like venting heat and movement speed additions to it through skill points, but I do love the DoT from the combustible.

BlazingShadow
08.06.2012 , 11:16 PM | #2
you want a random chance at a small DoT at the expense of 8% elemental damage and -8heat every 6sec?

Good luck.

Wind_Chaser
08.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #3
Well, when you put it like that. LOL

Was unsure of the exact amounts it offered since I didn't look too hard at the information and talents and heard people in game saying that CGC was still better no matter what spec you were. o.O

WillyDubstacks
08.07.2012 , 06:58 PM | #4
It's actually a 100% chance at a DoT with 3 points in bursting flame (first tier talent). However, managing heat is made especially difficult without a procced or passive heat sink. Seeing as how FT is a high heat generating ability you would be better off using HEGC unless you want to constantly micromanage your heat.

dardack
08.08.2012 , 06:21 AM | #5
There is an AP sticky.

Basically to do most DPS you go CGC but you're heat management is a *****.

To not worry about heat but do a bit less dps, HEGC.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.