Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Khem Val gear questions

jkcheng
02.22.2012 , 10:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
The answer to your first question is that you pretty much have it right. Str/End and heavy armor type go to khem. If you want him to be a meat shield, defense is also good. If you plan to put him damage mode, crit and alacrity would be decent choices.

Second question is that in your preferences you need to turn on the feature 'show companion tool tips' - I can't remember exactly which category it's under (I can't log on from work /sadface). This will show his stat changes right next to yours when you mouse over a new piece of loot.
I'm pretty sure Khem Val has no use for Alacrity.

To the OP, once you get past level 30, tanking stats (defense, shield, absorption) become important as well. I'd go Endurance over Strength also as he is a tank.

RjMaJay
08.08.2012 , 02:22 AM | #12
Is anyone else having problems with finding gear on the Market for Khem... I'm at level 32 and he is woefully under geared.. making things rather difficult

Ujest
08.10.2012 , 03:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RjMaJay View Post
Is anyone else having problems with finding gear on the Market for Khem... I'm at level 32 and he is woefully under geared.. making things rather difficult
Buy Orange gear and mod it as you can.
Ujest
Chis, Bounty Hunter,
The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
The Ebon Hawk (formerly Sanctum of the Exalted)

darktroysith
12.01.2012 , 12:47 PM | #14
Often this type of thing depends on your Spec. Class:
Sorcerer: Especially if you spec heals, make Khem defensive. Always go defense, and while he's drawing fire you can keep him healed and try and pick off the enemies.
Assassin: If you're a very stealthy, DPS type guy, you might want to also spec Khem defensively, but make sure to pay attention to his attack. If you're a tank, go offensive with Khem.

Hope this helps
"It is the duty of the strong to rule the weak. This is the paramount truth of our order; those who oppose it will pay the ultimate price."
-Darth Solate, Lord of Darkness

verfallen
12.01.2012 , 04:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ujest View Post
Buy Orange gear and mod it as you can.
I'll even add:

Since gear doesn't appear on khem, buy the ugly formal clothing on DK (adaptative) and instant full orange, safe bracer and belt.

Pernicia
12.04.2012 , 12:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by darktroysith View Post
Often this type of thing depends on your Spec. Class:
Sorcerer: Especially if you spec heals, make Khem defensive. Always go defense, and while he's drawing fire you can keep him healed and try and pick off the enemies.

Assassin: If you're a very stealthy, DPS type guy, you might want to also spec Khem defensively, but make sure to pay attention to his attack. If you're a tank, go offensive with Khem.

Hope this helps
I disagree with most of this actually
Sorc healer: You are more than able to flip Khem into offensive mode and give him gear with offensive stats on it. I went as far as giving Khem das boot as soon as I got Ahsara and had no problems with her dieing.
Sorc DPS: Yea, keep Khem defensive. Toss him a bubble and send him in. Rebubble as needed and you'll rarely have to throw an actual heal. Same goes fro Xalek once you finally get him, should you choose to go that route.
Sin DPS: You can use Khem defensively, but I prefer taking Andronikos as soon as you get him and stocking up on medpacks or grabbing Biochem for the reusable ones. When you get Talos, you can either use him or stick with Adronikos.
Sin Tank: I used Andronikos as soon as I got him all the way through 50. You really won't even need medpacks once you get your self heal off of FL.

Companions are more about selecting the one that compliments your class than just gearing up your favorite one for a roll that does not fit him/her. In general a healer will use a melee DPS, a ranged DPS will want a tank or healer, melee DPS uses a healer, and a tank uses ranged DPS.
Pernici the Furious
<Night Stalkers>
Server: The Harbinger