Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite planet storyline?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite planet storyline?

Captain_Zone
08.06.2012 , 11:20 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMasterOteg View Post
Republic Balmorra is really not that bad if you are a Consular since you
Spoiler
Which was a shame, since I actually liked her. She was a bad babe!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

bright_ephemera
08.06.2012 , 11:21 AM | #72
Since my first reply to the thread I've finished Imperial Corellia, and man, that was wonderful. I love the Axial Park (?) subzone, with the run-and-gun mission that has you continuously updating in the field as you push Republic forces back. And the ending sequence was just so...Imperial. You could be such a jerk about it, or be a relatively benevolent despot. I love it.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Chikun
08.06.2012 , 12:23 PM | #73
The Inquisitor story line in Voss is awesome so far as well as the planet quest.

Spoiler

Belsavis was meh at the start but really picked up steam and was great that I was able to mouth off to the Dread Masters and resist their influence/fear. Getting their praise for being awesome was pretty sweet too.
FEED ME

TheBetty
08.06.2012 , 08:49 PM | #74
I liked Corellia & Belsavis the most I think.

Probably Belsavis more because of the Dread Masters
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Lavariusstar
08.07.2012 , 01:51 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBetty View Post
I liked Corellia & Belsavis the most I think.

Probably Belsavis more because of the Dread Masters
Just recently finished that quest,I must say it was fun
Remember the Squad:11/11/11
The Last Squadron

Maaruin
08.07.2012 , 03:50 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Which was a shame, since I actually liked her. She was a bad babe!
It is interesting to see how she has changed between Imperial Balmorra and Republic Balmorra. She's very disillusioned that the Balmorrans aren't more greatful for her "benevolent" rule.

Quote:
Darth Lachris: "This is beyond tiresome Zenith. I decreed that Balmorra would not become a forced-labor world, and my reward? Your insolent little rebellion."

Ironically, the Corellian council is exactly the same. They are so surprised that CorSec and other Corellians actually start a resistance against the Empire, even if the Empire promised to treat Corellia better than other worlds when she is turned over to the Empire by the Council.

So, Imps, please remember: Promising us to treat us better than other worlds in the Empire is not enough to ensure our loyalty.

Favorite planet storyline... I really loved the ending of imperial Balmorra. The whole invasion thing was just epic. And in the same way the ending of Republic Corellia.
And on my LS Sith Warrior I also loved the Revanites.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

alricka
08.07.2012 , 11:13 PM | #77
In terms of storyline purely, I'm torn betwen Tatooine (both sides), Voss (for the Empire) and Taris (again, the Empire). A close runner-up would be Balmorra (Empire).

If I have to factor the planets as environments, I also rather liked Hoth, Alderaan and Nar Shaddaa but the stories aren't anything special.

Lavariusstar
08.11.2012 , 05:56 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post
In terms of storyline purely, I'm torn betwen Tatooine (both sides), Voss (for the Empire) and Taris (again, the Empire). A close runner-up would be Balmorra (Empire).

If I have to factor the planets as environments, I also rather liked Hoth, Alderaan and Nar Shaddaa but the stories aren't anything special.
Eh Voss for the empire is ok I guess
Remember the Squad:11/11/11
The Last Squadron

Quething
08.12.2012 , 04:27 AM | #79
I agree with Republic Corellia. I loathe the planet itself - obstructive design, claustophobic, orange and brown and brown and orange, and generally a deeply unpleasant place to finish one's journey through the story (ok the park has its moments, but not enough). But I still have really fond memories of running through there with my main, because it really did feel like such a triumphant capstone to the war and the epic culmination of everything I'd been working toward. (Plays really nicely with the JK questline, too, which always helps; I tend to enjoy planets less when the class story and planet story are completely disconnected or thematically at odds.)

I also really like Ilum, if only because the idea that the story doesn't stop at 50 and there's a whole well-developed plot with characters and progression and stuff to do beyond the level cap and not just repetitive raiding or PvP is so great.

Ognathon
08.12.2012 , 05:13 AM | #80
I haven't been to many planets so far (only Korriban, Hutta, Ord Mantell, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas) but out of the ones that I have done, I'd definitely have to say Ord Mantell was the best.