Are some classes bad for soloing endgame content?

AshlaBoga

After watching Stevoo solo HM Malgus (with Talos) as an Assassin, I was became curious whether other classes could do this.

I soloed HM BT on my Sorc, but wiped quite a few times and had 3/5 Black Hole when I did it (essentially outgearing the Flashpoint).

If HM Malgus can be soloed by an Assassin does that mean that all the ACs can solo HM bosses? Or just the tank ones - Assassin, Juggernaut, Powertech?

Tanks with healer companions and Healers with tank companions are usually the best for soloing hard bosses. Exception being Commandos/Mercenaries because they have no interrupt.

So as a sorc it would be easier to try and solo HM BP as a healer with Khem than as a DPS with Talos?

Edited by AshlaBoga

The topic seems to veer away sharply from the title.

Certain classes can solo daily heroics, while other's cannot, or not without exceptional gear and player skill.

Also depends on the mechanics of the individual fight.

If too many cc's take your companion out of too much of the fight, you are done.

I can see that Mercs would have trouble with soloing given their lack of interrupts - HM Malgus would EAT them.

That being said, most of the Heroic 4 trash mobs can soloed - EoT in the BH District is really really tough but you can solo it as a Powertech with Mako - it's just not worth it though.

You can Solo the Heroic 2+ Dailies on Belsavis with any AC. I've soloed Lights Out as a Sorc and Jug respectively.

That being said, most of the Heroic 4 trash mobs can soloed - EoT in the BH District is really really tough but you can solo it as a Powertech with Mako - it's just not worth it though.

Compared to an Assassin and Operative who can solo that quite easily, simply because of the stealth.