Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Lost Island - Not as hard as it seems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Hardmode Lost Island - Not as hard as it seems

grallmate
08.02.2012 , 04:24 PM | #21
Some more information for the boss fights.

Putrid Sheclaw:
- Tank should keep moving. Seems to be a bug with ground targets not appearing early on in the fight. I haven't examined my logs but moving definately seems to reduce the damge I am taking, my healer agrees.

LR-5 - Alternate strat for 1 melee and 1 ranged DPS:
- Follow the 2 ranged DPS strategy but have melee interupt the first Plasma arc, wait 3 seconds and run back to ranged.
- Once the blue sphere of death drops, melee can leap/rush back in. I haven't tried this with undergeared DPS but we've pulled it off in full Columi.
- Tank should keep LR-5 near the corners so if the melee DPS doesn't move and gets a bubble you can tank him on the opposite corner.
- I've used this successfully with PUGs but it is definately easier with Vent.
EDIT: - First stack of Incinerate applies at 2.1s, not 2.0. You need to get the interupt in the first 0.8 seconds or you will eat some damage. I've moved my target cast bar into the middle of my screen so I can't miss it :P

Transgenic Sample 7:
- This guy hits like a truck.
- He also gets a buff that looks like a bleeding eye (and gets a purple taunt like effect on him) and will target randomly during this phase. Stand close together to increase DPS uptime. He should be taunted as soon as this phase ends.
- Worth noting he can be skipped if you drag the pull before him back around the corner.

Sav-Rak:
- Sav-Rak smash is on a timer and he jumps onto the pipes at 80%, 60%, 40% and 20%. It is possible to DPS him fast enough and skip the smash.
- Similarly, if you push him past those HP thresholds during the smash he will leap onto the pipe straight away which can stress your healer.
- Sav-Rak needs to be tanked as close to the middle and facing AWAY from the group. He hits hard and cleaves.
- Watch your HP going into the pipes phase, if its sub 50% be ready to pop a med pack or CD.
- Bad RNG can and will wipe groups. Even a tank will die to 5 spits in a row.
- If you lose a DPS all hope is not lost, both activate the pillars he ISN'T on at the start but be ready to eat a few second (atleast) of enrage.

Trangenic Sample 11:
- This guy drops a BoE Columi implant, so it IS worth killing him since it can be sold (on my server) for 100-150k. He also drops Tionese comms (wooo....) as well as crystals..
- This fight starts off as a tank and spank but when he starts slamming the ground everyone needs to move around.
- The icicles seem to drop where a player was a couple of seconds prior and hit for 4-6k each.
- They also apply a stacking snare effect on anyone nearby which is a larger AoE than the damage.
- You get an "Aclimatized" buff when on the floor which I have no idea what it does. Similarly, more than 1 stack of the snare doesn't appear to do anything extra.

Medics:
- These guys should be CCed wherever possible and dealt with last.
- If they cannot be CCed, these guys need to die first.
- Interupt Kolto Injection as soon as possible.
- Once they drop below about 30% they will become uninteruptable, stun them and burn them down.
- In the last pull with 2 medics, save the barrel for the <30% phase on the right medic and use stuns on the left one.

Doc. Lorrick:
- DPS/Heals CANNOT stand near the tank. They MUST be behind the boss or they will eat satchel charges.
- The strat I use for avoiding the satchel charges is just to strafe past Doc Lorrick and change direction every time he actually throws the charges. I get 1 charge if I'm unlucky and very rarely 2.
- In phase 1 Doc. Lorrick will go Flurry of Bolts -> Green goo AoE -> Flurry of Bolts -> Green goo AoE -> Flurry of Bolts -> Satchel Charges.
- Doc. Lorrick says "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve" just before he throws out the first satchel charge and will throw out 4 of them before disappearing.
- The first 2 tanks have Strong mobs. The next 2 have Elites and the final 1 has a Champion mob. Killing him faster is best.
- Everyone needs to be cleansed when he is transitioning from phase 2 to 3.
- When he is healing up, knight/warrior ACs can keep hitting him to build focus/rage but he will lose all debuffs once he fully transforms.
- The final phase is a DPS race. Every 'explosion' will deal damage, increase damage taken and increase damage dealt.
- Doc. Lorrick will drop threat every time he knocks someone back, the tank should taunt him back after being knocked.
- Adrenals/Relics should be saved until you have >5 stacks from the explosion as you will deal much more damage than at the start of the phase.

Fossman
08.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #22
Hasnt it already been established that HM LI is easy if the group knows the mechanics? there was like a 20 page thread a couple weeks ago with detailed guides.

Hatefrenzy
08.04.2012 , 07:19 PM | #23
It is easy once you know the mechanics and strats, however learning the fights is where the problems arise. The droid boss just has a lot of things to take into account, and it can take fresh people a while to learn it and know how to react to everything he does. The 3rd boss can be really rough on healers if your grp doesnt have/use defensive cooldowns before using the consoles. The bonus can be hard if people dont move fast enough in the movement phase. The last boss can be hard if you dont move out of the aoe fast enough, if you get dps caught in the bombs, if your dps isnt fast enough to bring down the boss quickly in any of the phases.

Basically, there are a lot of mechanics to learn, and until people get them all, it is a hard fp. But hey, thats what makes it great, and why I still love to run it.

Also, to the OP, I dont mind if you paste my strats to the top, just put it in a quote and add a little "courtesy of Hatefrenzy" before it
Sinfrenzy - Sith Marauder
-Previously of Oppression - AU - Dalborra Server-

Chaqen
08.05.2012 , 01:44 PM | #24
Since no one has mentioned it, the cleave that Sav-Rak does is avoidable for a competent, quick moving tanking. He will place one foot in the other and reach out in front of him, if you move back quick enough you're out of range of it, avoiding these frontals can make the fight even easier then what it is, since Sav-Rak himself doesnt hit hard at all.

On a side note, i have been experiencing a bug with Sav-Rak, where he resets after he has jumped up on to the pipes, it seems to happen about 50% of the time, and if it happens once it seems to happen every attempt after the first time and usually leads to the group disbanding. It initially was happening when we had an AP PT in the group, but we have had it happened with multiple different types of dps. If anyone has a work around for this, besides stating we are doing to much dps (which is wrong, since we're still getting a smash), i would love to hear it.

jbrank
08.05.2012 , 08:51 PM | #25
eh I still say they should nerf the boss, so more people are willing to go in and learn it

Khevar
08.06.2012 , 12:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jbrank View Post
eh I still say they should nerf the boss, so more people are willing to go in and learn it
I vote NO on proposition LR-5

Keep him the way he is.

On another note, I ran LI 3 times this weekend and I asked the Sentinels when they knew to "jump out" and the answer was "instinct" which is sort of a useless answer for someone learning the fight from nothing.

However, someone suggested another strategy for a mixed range/melee group which we tried and worked PERFECTLY.

1. Tank LR-5 in the middle.
2. Melee dps takes hardest hitting abilities out of rotation to reduce dps (yes, you heard me)
3. Ranged maximizes dps.
4. Healer stands apart from ranged dps
5. Ranged dps is the #2 aggro and the balls drop on him only.
6. Ranged steps aside when the energy coils drop and keeps dpsing.
7. Adds come in, tank does area taunt.
8. Ranged aoes adds in the middle, maintaining #2 aggro on boss.
9. Tank retaunts LR-5 after aoe, just in case.
10. Rinse and repeat.

The energy coil balls always drop on the #2 aggro, which is usually the melee dps. Since he reduced his damage output, the ranged remained #2 dps and the balls always dropped there.

Since LR-5 doesn't have an enrage timer, the reduced overall dps didn't cause a problem.

I hope this helps.

Hatefrenzy
08.06.2012 , 03:07 PM | #27
Actually, he does have an enrage timer. I was in a group that hit it recently when the other dps died at 50%. Luckily he hit it when he had 4k hp left, so it made no difference.
Sinfrenzy - Sith Marauder
-Previously of Oppression - AU - Dalborra Server-

Khevar
08.06.2012 , 05:48 PM | #28
Interesting, I did a search on this and a number of people say he has a soft enrage at 3 minutes, where the energy coils drop at full size and lava shoots out every grate.

LR-5 has 389,304 health at start, so for 3 minutes that works out to 2162 dps between the tank, melee and ranged dps.

Melee range gives 10% more threat, so imagine something like this:

500 dps tank
750 dps melee
900 dps ranged

That is just enough dps to beat the soft enrage and the ranged will out-threat the melee. And if you're close at the 3 min mark, you can still finish off the boss.

If the group in question cannot hit those dps targets, then my strategy won't work. I would also guess that the group is either undergeared or needs a better rotation.

jbrank
08.06.2012 , 10:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
I vote NO on proposition LR-5

Keep him the way he is.

On another note, I ran LI 3 times this weekend and I asked the Sentinels when they knew to "jump out" and the answer was "instinct" which is sort of a useless answer for someone learning the fight from nothing.

However, someone suggested another strategy for a mixed range/melee group which we tried and worked PERFECTLY.

1. Tank LR-5 in the middle.
2. Melee dps takes hardest hitting abilities out of rotation to reduce dps (yes, you heard me)
3. Ranged maximizes dps.
4. Healer stands apart from ranged dps
5. Ranged dps is the #2 aggro and the balls drop on him only.
6. Ranged steps aside when the energy coils drop and keeps dpsing.
7. Adds come in, tank does area taunt.
8. Ranged aoes adds in the middle, maintaining #2 aggro on boss.
9. Tank retaunts LR-5 after aoe, just in case.
10. Rinse and repeat.

The energy coil balls always drop on the #2 aggro, which is usually the melee dps. Since he reduced his damage output, the ranged remained #2 dps and the balls always dropped there.

Since LR-5 doesn't have an enrage timer, the reduced overall dps didn't cause a problem.

I hope this helps.
That's all fine and dandy trust me i really appreciate the strategies everyone is posting, But its hard to try them out if everyone is to damn chicken to even go in, I use group finder trying to get it and even ask in general chat and nobody ever wants to go in cause well sad to say they all claim it is way to hard lol