Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Totalbiscuit critisizes Swtor Free-to-Play model

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Totalbiscuit critisizes Swtor Free-to-Play model

Celebrus
08.06.2012 , 02:13 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreedlore View Post
I think this rant somes it all up for both sides..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cegn...ature=youtu.be
What is funny is that if you look at the description made by the person that uploaded that video, even people that appear to be "neutral" in this debate can admit that SWToR is mostly a failure.
"The free-to-play people can't invest to the level we can invest, and can't create something of the size and scale of something we can create." - Greg Zeshuk

Source.

Metalmac
08.06.2012 , 02:16 PM | #122
Free to Play will increase SEVER LAG so paying customers will vanish!

ZERO posts from BioWare on current Sever Lag proves the future is not bright and shiney for SWTOR

jedip_enguin
08.06.2012 , 02:29 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Free to Play will increase SEVER LAG so paying customers will vanish!

ZERO posts from BioWare on current Sever Lag proves the future is not bright and shiney for SWTOR
I find your giant yellow underlined text strangely compelling.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Metalmac
08.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
I find your giant yellow underlined text strangely compelling.
Server lag is being ignored by BioWare and not addressed in any fashion.
You guys ignore that Server Lag will make the game unplayable when Free to Play hits.

ImperialSun
08.06.2012 , 02:51 PM | #125
And TB will probably say the exact opposite next week.

Thats why bloggers who play amateur journalist are usually onlyworth watching / reading the lolz

Driz

LordKOLZ
08.06.2012 , 03:16 PM | #126
Looks like some fanboys are upset for someone insulting their dying game still. That's new.

Kreedlore
08.06.2012 , 04:37 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
What is funny is that if you look at the description made by the person that uploaded that video, even people that appear to be "neutral" in this debate can admit that SWToR is mostly a failure.
I think from what I seen so far everyone can at least agree that there are major issue's that still need to be worked on. That are simply taking to long to get addressed. It took over 5 months before the ui alone was fixed . That issue alone was insulting and disappointing. Lest we forget one could not even have more than 2 windows open on the screen ,most annoying. Then the companion would wipe them out by showing up after a gather trip .."here ya go boss I did good"... really ? I was right in the middle of finally finding something on the GTN that I wanted...

The insulting part is the devs replying on the matter . (Paraphrase)."Well its really complicated to make that happen and we don't understand why the consumer has an issue in the first place with it. We at the studio dont have a problem with the way it works."
Fact is the game needed to be equal or better than the competition's current stuff out there,no more no less.It needed to have all of the options that have been cultivated over the years by others,the expected level of development as seen in others.Far, far to many things that were not simply in at launch that should have been.Closed beta they were told so

Yndras
08.06.2012 , 05:04 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreedlore View Post
I think from what I seen so far everyone can at least agree that there are major issue's that still need to be worked on. That are simply taking to long to get addressed. It took over 5 months before the ui alone was fixed . That issue alone was insulting and disappointing. Lest we forget one could not even have more than 2 windows open on the screen ,most annoying. Then the companion would wipe them out by showing up after a gather trip .."here ya go boss I did good"... really ? I was right in the middle of finally finding something on the GTN that I wanted...

The insulting part is the devs replying on the matter . (Paraphrase)."Well its really complicated to make that happen and we don't understand why the consumer has an issue in the first place with it. We at the studio dont have a problem with the way it works."
5 months? what? That patch came out in the begining of march. The game was released in december. Thats only 4 months. And in terms of development, that is fast, regardless of how tight your underwear have bunched.

And where did you get your "Paraphrased" qoute from? I never read a response like that, so if you can't link it, it's your own conjecture.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Yndras
08.06.2012 , 05:11 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by LordKOLZ View Post
Looks like some fanboys are upset for someone insulting their dying game still. That's new.
Says the paying subscriber. :P
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

DarkRain
08.06.2012 , 08:01 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by LordKOLZ View Post
Heh, agreed.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game still, but this thing is a sinking ship. The currently released info on the F2P system is AMAZING for the consumer. People (like most of my friends) who either want to come back to go through some of the class's stories, or the new player looking for a good story driven experience (which is, lets face it, the ONLY strong point this game ever had).

But if this thing is going to thrive as a F2P game it'll need some way to pick and choose OPs and a pay to extend the WZ's you can play per day... stuff like that. Now Sure cosmetic stuff will probably sell well, hell I my even drop some $ to unlock Miriluka on an Imperial Agent (because a sniper with no real eyes is conceptually hilarious)

Now, sure, Bioware has yet to reveal all their plans for their F2P model. Maybe all these issues will be a moot point and it'll be the next big F2P transition success story like DDO and LOTRO were. But seriously thats all this is until we know more, SPECULATION. I'd rather people voice their concerns so that Bioware can be aware of them and do a F2P conversion right, than no one says a damned word and the game goes offline due to an unsustainable business model.

Because frankly, I want SWTOR to be around for a long time... I WANT to play this game (also I bought a CE and I want to get my $ worth out of it)
Edrac Darr - Pyrotech Mercenary, Jung Ma US East Coast