Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross faction grouping ever ?

Ohnoto
12.16.2011 , 09:45 AM | #21
Are you referring to something like the Real ID?

I also hope for as little as possible cross server chatting or interacting. Even with friends. However, all my friends are playing on my server also.

Chatting isn't too bad, but getting into cross server grouping, I am not for as it takes away from server communities.

Nightfyre
12.16.2011 , 09:55 AM | #22
I see no reason that there can't be some (least one) Flashpoint at higher levels where a great threat is brewing and only using the combined might of both factions can you hope to stop it, 4 man 10 man raid whatever. - This can also solve some problems that plagued games where you can't find the right person to fill a role (tanks/healers)

Can even have at end where one turns on the other and which ever side is left standing gets a bonus loot item to roll on. (depends on them and if they win the social role to set this in motion)

Missions - would be nice but might take awhile to find someone from either faction to fill that spot.

Yes there has been opposing sides that have worked together to stop another threat (comic books being the big one, some cartoons, video games) Didn't they have some mutual goals that brought jedi/sith together in the star wars stories and hope they can turn at least one sith or jedi to their side, the great I will work with you but actually work behind your back for my own goal to save/destroy you in the end when this is all over. Come on people these stories have been out there accept that cross factions will happen and can work in some situations!
I'll heal you for no reason.
I'll res you for a hug.
I'll destroy you for a cookie.
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/62711/phoenix-resurrection

darkonezero
12.16.2011 , 10:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
I'm not a lore freak, but I would find it abit odd if Darth Maul were sending friendly tells to Obi Wan.

However, I wish that the BH and Smuggler class would have been faction neutral at their start, I know that the Mandalorians have done alot of work for the Empire, and the Smugglers broke the blockade, but some kind of "I'm my own master" attitude towards faction choice would have been cool.
I share this sentiment, since that would make BH and Smuggler more like what they represent.

Fedaykin
12.16.2011 , 11:51 AM | #24
Like Karrel tells my agent:
"blade, you're one of the last independents, but you're a dying breed".
Even if neutral you WILL be kissing some hutts feet or waddly bits or whatever.

BaronV
08.05.2012 , 09:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ordryth View Post
features such as add-friend are disabled to the opposite faction because you can invite people in your friendlist.

So, if they were to enable this (and I honestly think they should) they need to make it for communicational use only. So you could see if your friends are on their alts of the opposite faction.

Grouping the other faction however, is an honest "no-way" from me... it would be awesome though, but then it removes the use of open-world PvP which they're trying so hard to balance right now.

Even if you could make it like 1 player from the opposite faction joins your group and make both of the players neutral..

Would this mean they can both be attacked by the two factions?
Can both of them attack the two factions, or is it just one person who is being attacked and the others can't do anything about it?
What would happen when you want to quest together, do you have acces to quests of the opposite faction? <-- this answer is obviously a no XD

it requires much more time and thinking through than you might suspect..

yes, it would be fun to do missions together since the objectives are the same, but grouping outside of the missions has no meaning.
Even if you are just trying to help a friend with his quests by using a character from the opposite faction, you can't just walk in places which are owned by the opposite faction.
You can't just stick to his side all the time..
Cross faction grouping would have to be strictly instance specific for it to work right. You shouldnt be able to have a jedi n sith running around together fighting mobs whether on PVP or PVE servers. Thats just sick and wrong!

I have suggested before in the suggestion box that we have cross faction flashpoints or ops. The story plot of a greater immediate threat that could cause republic and imperial strike teams to temporarily work together for a common benefit is already there. Directive7 and False Emperor come to mind...
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Eillack
08.05.2012 , 12:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Cross faction grouping would have to be strictly instance specific for it to work right. You shouldnt be able to have a jedi n sith running around together fighting mobs whether on PVP or PVE servers. Thats just sick and wrong!

I have suggested before in the suggestion box that we have cross faction flashpoints or ops. The story plot of a greater immediate threat that could cause republic and imperial strike teams to temporarily work together for a common benefit is already there. Directive7 and False Emperor come to mind...
Congrats. You brought a thread back from late 2011 from the dead....

MODS kill this thread please.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BaronV
08.06.2012 , 07:58 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Congrats. You brought a thread back from late 2011 from the dead....

MODS kill this thread please.
if it irks you so much why are you bothering to post?! Im bringing this thread "back up" simply because I think its a good idea....
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Vespassian
08.06.2012 , 08:34 AM | #28
Don't bind them!
Best bounty hunter ever right here, oh wait a jedi? Time to take this guy out!!
Jedi: LFG BOUNTY HUNTER/TROOPER DPS for Devs Just Ruined the Point of Factions

It's bad enough that there is amazing planets with beauty, but endgame your on A BIG CIRCULAR FLEET.
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

metaIsaber
08.06.2012 , 10:00 AM | #29
Ive wanted FPs that both factions would participate in and would eventually meet either during the FP or at the end. If you kill them or work with them would make a different outcome to the FP.

Operations would consist of 4 pubs and 4 imps working together. At the end, again, you could decide on both working together and loot would be split amongst the 8 people. Or turning on one another and then the winning faction would get to roll on all loot.

akakage
08.06.2012 , 10:09 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by metaIsaber View Post
Ive wanted FPs that both factions would participate in and would eventually meet either during the FP or at the end. If you kill them or work with them would make a different outcome to the FP.

Operations would consist of 4 pubs and 4 imps working together. At the end, again, you could decide on both working together and loot would be split amongst the 8 people. Or turning on one another and then the winning faction would get to roll on all loot.
This is what I would love to see, a cross faction FP or OP with either a betrayal or truce option to give a different ending.