Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Liadryn
08.04.2012 , 05:12 PM | #1
Launcher is stuck on 18% install.
Deleted patch info in SWTOR folder, repaired launcher, downloaded launcher again as per info from similar threads. Launcher sticks at game client 57

Suggestions?

Liadryn
08.05.2012 , 05:12 PM | #2
Left it installing over night, no change. Please help!

Revan-the-knight
08.05.2012 , 05:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Liadryn View Post
Left it installing over night, no change. Please help!
Ive never seen this issue before, I hope you get it sorted out friend
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Hawath
08.06.2012 , 12:19 AM | #4
Greetings Liadryn,

We are sorry to hear your launcher is unable to fully install Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As this issue can be caused by the connexion between your computer and our servers, we would first recommend you to go through these troubleshoot steps.

If the issue remains afterwards please reply with your launcher logs between the [Spoiler][/Spoiler] tags.

Thank you.

Hawath | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Liadryn
08.06.2012 , 02:54 AM | #5
Hope this helps.
Spoiler

Cerimon
08.06.2012 , 03:23 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Liadryn,

There are some steps to take to resolve this issue:
  • Run Chkdsk to make sure there are no faulty sectors on the hard drive
  • Run MemTest86+: Please see the following post for more information on running Memtest86+ and Chkdsk: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=1#post3954859
  • Install the game on different hard drive
  • Install the game on different PC and transfer the files over the installed folder
  • Make sure your Anti-virus is not quarantining files
  • Please avoid overclocking, as this affects the voltage on the RAM, leading to corrupted data.
Please let us know if you have a continuing issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Liadryn
08.06.2012 , 09:49 AM | #7
I have done both Memtest86+ and Chkdsk with no success. I have played the game on this computer before without any problems from my anti-virus or anything else for that matter. Just this patch isn't going through. I am going to uninstall and reinstall and hope that this time it will go through.

Cerimon
08.06.2012 , 09:55 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Liadryn,

Please run the setup file from www.swtor.com/download first. This is a much quicker process and a full reinstall really is a last resort.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Liadryn
08.06.2012 , 06:37 PM | #9
I had already attempted that as well. I looked all through these forums for similar problems and what worked for others is not working for me. So i was really hoping the log would work.

kearsleyjj
09.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #10
OK Glad this isn't just me now. My patcher was getting stuck on Main Assets 79 at 81%. I removed a folder called assets_swtoddddr_main_77to78 from the installation path which contained files from the patch, this resolved the problem with the patcher. Unfortunately now the patcher is finished I have to repair 9 files totalling over 11GB. Frankly now I'm not sure if its even worth proceeding, this is clearly a botched patch job.