Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

Kayriel
08.04.2012 , 01:20 PM | #21
I'd say the SI is the strongest of the 2 simply because of the force ghosts that he has under his control ( you still get to keep one even if you choose the light side answer which = immortal , since the ghost always keeps the inquisitor alive ) and since i went dark , i have the power of 5 ( at least i think it it's 5 - i always counted the voss one as the fifth) powerful force ghosts feeding their power to me and keeping me alive no matter what. I havent done the consular quest so idk how much natural power he may have , but then again the SI can always boost his power by getting new ghosts to bolster his
When you wish upon a star
I will kill you , near or far

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...61#post7731161

TheLoneSage
08.04.2012 , 01:28 PM | #22
It's Buffs (SI) vs. Passives (JC) in combat terms.

So really, it's evenly matched. I'd say it ends in some amazing stalemate.
Who's my favorite Villain from the game?
Myself of course.

DujaanKorr
08.05.2012 , 07:50 AM | #23
Having played through both stories, I'll give my opinion below not using game mechanics, as it's flawed when doing X vs Y.

It would come down to a battle of will.

Sorcerer:
Without the Force Walking ability, the Sorcerer is just your average Sith, and cannot compete. However, as he has 5 ghosts bound to him, and having to have his body genetically altered to control them... at his height of power, he has an unnatural edge.

Sage:
Jedi barsen'thor, the greatest Jedi of an era, where the title isn't given away annually (not even Satele Shan is one). Naturally powerful in the force, the kind of Jedi every light side force sensitive should aim to emulate.

My opinion:
Force confrontation
The Sage would be capable of defending him/herself against what ever the Sorcerer could throw, however the Sage unable to deliver deadly attacks through the force (in keeping with the Jedi tradition) which wouldn't cause problems for the Sorcerer. The confrontation would result in a draw.

So it comes down to who would give up first. Would the Sorcerer realize how not-so powerful the dark side is and retreat and/or chose the path of the light side through the sages influence? Or would the sage simply retreat as the contest through the force cannot be won? (Yoda vs Sid)

Lightsabers Drawn
Both individuals are equal, neither relies on brute strength for their saber style, you can argue that both are proficient in all saber styles. The Sage in this instance isn't as hesitant in attack with the saber compared with the use of the force. The Sorcerer cannot now take for granted that the Sage will not attack.

At this point it will come down to skill of the blade, neither stands out as the better of the other.

take this as a balanced review, i like both stories equally.
The Guardians of Peace
And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made into dust...

bookist
08.05.2012 , 08:41 AM | #24
Also I might be wrong, but doesn't the shielding ability also have the effect of removing force ghosts? Or was that a one time thing?

Highborne
08.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
who would win this epic battle between these 2 very powerful force users?
please only clever and motivated answers i don't want "fanboy" answers.
They're mirrors of each other. The Sorcerer lashes out with a lightning blast, the Sage heals the result. The Assassin strikes out at a target, the Shadow blocks it.

It's the classic "irresistible force vs. immovable object" conundrum: two embodiments of opposite concepts, perfectly matched in strength. Which wins? Neither.

For while they both are struggling, a Sniper shoots them both from 1/2 a mile away

Anysao
08.05.2012 , 11:50 AM | #26
I Imagine it assassin versus sage, so I would put it the inquisitor would win. Lightning is stronger then telekinetic powers. The inquisitor would shatter any projected rocks at him, to the point where the consular could only defend against the lightning and saber attacks, unable to even attack. Finally, his resolve will fail, and the inquisitor will dramatically kick the consular into a pit, saying In his Creapy and British voice:
"Watch your step Jedi."
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Maaruin
08.05.2012 , 04:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bookist View Post
Also I might be wrong, but doesn't the shielding ability also have the effect of removing force ghosts? Or was that a one time thing?
It should be possible, but the ritual can't be used during a fight. The consular would have to win first and then shield the inquisitor.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
I Imagine it assassin versus sage, so I would put it the inquisitor would win. Lightning is stronger then telekinetic powers. The inquisitor would shatter any projected rocks at him, to the point where the consular could only defend against the lightning and saber attacks, unable to even attack. Finally, his resolve will fail, and the inquisitor will dramatically kick the consular into a pit, saying In his Creapy and British voice:
"Watch your step Jedi."
Well, when you block lightning with your saber, it doesn't hit you. When you block a rock with your saber... you're hit by two rocks. And an assassin cannot be lightning specced, so his lightning wouldn't be that strong.

I can see the assassin winning, but not through "lightning". The assassin wins either by hitting the Sage by surprise (Deception specced), or by taking a defensive position and waiting until the Sage makes a mistake (Darkness specced). Zannah for example did the latter in many fights.

(I know I'm mixing story with game mechanics, but because of the vastly different fighting styles this is necessary.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Rayla_Felana
08.05.2012 , 04:44 PM | #28
Why do people keep suggesting that the Sith Inquisitor is nothing special without the force ghosts? it just sounds like you didn't even play through the story, as an Acolyte she did things that fully blown Sith Lords failed to do repeatedly and much later on in the story, the Imperial Guard state themselves that the Emperor was keeping an eye on her the whole time, stating that she was one of few Sith worthy of his attention.

Also keep in mind, she did not need the Ghosts to become powerful, it was a shortcut to that same power she always had.

Halinmonk
08.05.2012 , 05:39 PM | #29
There is always the possibility that the Shielding technique could block off the Inquisitor's access to the ghosts.

Sinemetu
08.05.2012 , 10:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
There is always the possibility that the Shielding technique could block off the Inquisitor's access to the ghosts.
Not really.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.