Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ShadowKnemesis
08.05.2012 , 02:49 PM | #901
I quite enjoy bacon.

Bacon in all of it's greasy yet crispy deliciousness is not simply amazing, it is complex amazing.

Oh yes...complex amazing.

Because you can't figure out just how it is amazing, why it is amazing, and what makes it amazing.

This has nothing to do with SWTOR going F2P, but the subject of bacon will brighten your day.

May the pork be with you.

boxfetish
08.05.2012 , 04:20 PM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
And yet we got none of the above.

Now the real question being: how much did you guys really learn from your past mistakes that lead your decision makers to create this:
Meh. I feel bad for the woman and her family that put every penny into moving to Austin and have those health problems and now no income.

However, Vogel and every other idiot that made design decisions about this polished turd of an MMO deserve to be fired. I hope every last one of one of them gets fired and never works in the industry again (as if). Anyone with half a brain cell could have told you that copying WoW, putting Star Wars skins over it, and adding 100 million dollars of voice acting to it, was going to eat #$@% and then die. But no, every MMO design team is 100% ego, thinks they are the messiah, THEY are different, better, THEY will be the WoW-killer. And the cycle of idiocy continues. Sad part is, all these tools will get work designing another multi-million dollar failgame in spite of this epic failure.

xxCJ
08.05.2012 , 04:51 PM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowKnemesis View Post
I quite enjoy bacon.

Bacon in all of it's greasy yet crispy deliciousness is not simply amazing, it is complex amazing.

Oh yes...complex amazing.

Because you can't figure out just how it is amazing, why it is amazing, and what makes it amazing.

This has nothing to do with SWTOR going F2P, but the subject of bacon will brighten your day.

May the pork be with you.
Thank you, and may the pork be with everyone! (Excluding EA with the crap they sharted here.)
"Every time you use a napkin while wearing a shirt, you waist a napkin you could have, and would have, used while not wearing a shirt."
- Me

Nerevareen
08.05.2012 , 04:55 PM | #904
I just hope that all character perks and legacy perks will become available for purchase both by credit and Cratell Coins, same thing with withdrawing armorings, mods and enhantements, would save me loads of credits and farming credits, which is a really boring necesity

LucasEighty
08.05.2012 , 05:14 PM | #905
i cant really see this being a problem, lots of games are taking this option now & if it means more people online i cant see the downside

Iolo
08.05.2012 , 05:37 PM | #906
Something about all of this does not make sense to me. Coming from a server that had to transfer to another to build population for ua to play. Now we are going to make it free to play and populate the servers that are already heavy to full. I am all for improving and pushing forward. When does that take place? I have been here from the start and could not play due the amount of maintenence and system restarts. So are they prepared for the FTP to take place or will it crash the server system?! I think it would be better to focus on the glitches in game first before bringing more into. I wonder even with all the fans and followers can the games foundation stay strong and hold for the duration. In the end something doesn't make sense to me! Hope this is heard!

GreySix
08.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #907
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
Great. Now every WOW Fanboy, GW2 Fanboy, and SWTOR Hater has won. -_-
Was thinking the same thing. We'll probably drop our subscription too, once it's free to play.

Ardicus
08.05.2012 , 06:39 PM | #908
Brave move, I am thrilled to play this game and continue my support for it. I will continue to pay monthly and thrive on this game along with my guild.. Nice move Peeps.. Just bring us the content and this will go fine.
"The force alone can't stop them, you still need willpower"

Sylentmyst
08.05.2012 , 06:47 PM | #909
Might I suggest to lower the free play level to 25 or 30? And they can't join guilds, have more than $XX credits and can't sell on the galactic market. This may inspire them to subscibe sooner to enjoy the benefits of nice speeders, etc. Just a thought.

darth_doom_munky
08.05.2012 , 06:53 PM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by chaossereph View Post
So... all the people that purchased the collector edition, get extra items and so on. ...but what about the people who purchased the the digital deluxe edition? are they being put into the same category as those who purchased the standard version of the game?
crap... didn't think about that
also im kind of exited about the cartel coins

on the other hand though, I wouldn't hate it if they reduced the sub.....