Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no Artifice crit?

zipsfan
08.04.2012 , 12:14 AM | #1
Please please PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but why is there no companion with a boost to artifice crit in the game? I was told the ship droid Legacy unlock stuff doesn't have one either, so I'm a little disheartened. Anyone able to give some insight as to maybe why?

Helig
08.04.2012 , 01:01 AM | #2
Oversight, most likely. Cybertech and Artifice don't have crit bonuses on any companions by default. There's an upgrade for the ship droid that boosts Cybertech crit now - so, logically, there will be an Artifice one, too.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Rhaphael
08.04.2012 , 01:23 AM | #3
Back in beta people found in the game files that HK-51 had +2 Artifice Crit, let's hope he still has that when he becomes available later this year.

Drudenfusz
08.04.2012 , 06:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
Back in beta people found in the game files that HK-51 had +2 Artifice Crit, let's hope he still has that when he becomes available later this year.
That would be nice!
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Jyzai
08.04.2012 , 10:36 AM | #5
I thought crit causes augment slots on items. and artifice and cybertech crits were two of an item being made.
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

Tickdoff-Tank
08.04.2012 , 10:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jyzai View Post
I thought crit causes augment slots on items. and artifice and cybertech crits were two of an item being made.
You are correct, but there is a little more to it.

If an item can have an augment slot then a crit will put the slot on the item. SO a "Custom Built Lightsaber" will get a slot.

If an item can not have a slot, then you should get 2 of that item on a crit roll. So if an Artificer makes a "Might hilt 8" and rolls a crit he will get 2 of them.

It is not just limited to Cybertech and Artifice.
"He uses statistics like a drunken man uses a lightpost: For support rather than Illumination." E. Lang

tidmass
08.05.2012 , 01:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zipsfan View Post
Please please PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but why is there no companion with a boost to artifice crit in the game? I was told the ship droid Legacy unlock stuff doesn't have one either, so I'm a little disheartened. Anyone able to give some insight as to maybe why?
lord scourge.... jedi knight companion.

Kazaganthis
08.05.2012 , 04:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tidmass View Post
lord scourge.... jedi knight companion.
Yea thats Efficiency not Crit.