Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game freezing before I even get to play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Game freezing before I even get to play

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dauis
08.04.2012 , 07:45 PM | #1
All of a sudden, when I click play on the character selection screen, the game goes to the loading screen and freezes. I tried to log into a different server, but when I do, the game freezes when it says "logging into selected server."

Ogada
08.04.2012 , 08:21 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Dauis,

Can you try running the Repair for me please? When you log in, there is a small cog-wheel icon in the bottom left of the log in window and in there is the Repair option. Let me know how you get on.

Thank you.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Dauis
08.04.2012 , 08:26 PM | #3
The repair option isn't activated for me.

Ogada
08.04.2012 , 08:28 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Dauis,

It will be greyed out until you log in. If you have logged in and it is still greyed out, please run the fixlauncher.exe from the SWTOR folder and then try to run the repair again. Let me know how you get on.

Thank you.

Dauis
08.05.2012 , 02:24 PM | #5
I ran fixlauncher and ran the repair and things seem to be working now (crosses fingers). Thanks for your help.

Dauis
08.05.2012 , 03:07 PM | #6
Nevermind. It worked once and now it's back to how it was.

Ogada
08.05.2012 , 03:23 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Dauis,

Strange that it worked once and then reverted to the issue again. Please post your DxDiag here.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
Thank you for your assistance.

Dauis
08.05.2012 , 03:28 PM | #8
Spoiler

Ogada
08.05.2012 , 03:37 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I have looked at the DxDiag Dauis, and I can see the drivers for your graphics chip are over a year old. Update those and let me know how you get on.

Thank you.

Dauis
08.05.2012 , 04:17 PM | #10
Nevermind. Apparently they're not.