Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

Nanglez
08.04.2012 , 04:23 AM | #1
Just shhh its like you guys want to coin it as a new catchphrase. You don't know what will be in the cash shop, and till such time as you do, EVERYTHING you say is speculation. Bunch of self entitled children -.-.

Starleash
08.04.2012 , 04:25 AM | #2
Cool story bro.

Nanglez
08.04.2012 , 04:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Starleash View Post
Cool story bro.
o,0 I'm sorry, wherein lied the story. It was more of a statement. So was yours!

Cool statement bro.

MajikMyst
08.04.2012 , 04:31 AM | #4
I'd like to see where all this talk of a cash shop is comming from?? F2P isn't even out yet and people are complainaing about something that doesn't exist.. I don't get it??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Sporin
08.04.2012 , 04:32 AM | #5
"Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop"

Their selling Sheep? I WANT TWO!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. But SWTOR F2P!?!? Time to die.

Nanglez
08.04.2012 , 04:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
o,0 I'm sorry, wherein lied the story. It was more of a statement. So was yours!

Cool statement bro.
No it will exist, thats what 'Cartel Coins' are for. However as to what is in the shop, they've only vaguely stated. Cosmetics and 'Helper' Buffs etc.

Whats stupid about peoples notion is that they believe that there'll be some sort of 'pay to win' item on there.

Imagine what would happen if you could use "Heroic Moment" abilities in pvp/ops. It'd create an imbalance. Pay to win weapons translate to the defintion of Imbalance, and i'd say it'd be steered clear from.

The cosmetic side of things is a huge area to explore. Within months you could see guilds running around in storm trooper/clone trooper armor, species that weren't in the game before etc. Frankly I'm okay with all of these things. I guess people are always terrified of change.

BenjaminminU
08.04.2012 , 04:40 AM | #7
"Darth Nihilus Mask - Will be available... In the cash shop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIT0WT_HYeE
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

_Corew
08.04.2012 , 04:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
No it will exist, thats what 'Cartel Coins' are for. However as to what is in the shop, they've only vaguely stated. Cosmetics and 'Helper' Buffs etc.

Whats stupid about peoples notion is that they believe that there'll be some sort of 'pay to win' item on there.

Imagine what would happen if you could use "Heroic Moment" abilities in pvp/ops. It'd create an imbalance. Pay to win weapons translate to the defintion of Imbalance, and i'd say it'd be steered clear from.

The cosmetic side of things is a huge area to explore. Within months you could see guilds running around in storm trooper/clone trooper armor, species that weren't in the game before etc. Frankly I'm okay with all of these things. I guess people are always terrified of change.
I don't believe there will be p2w items on the shop, what I do believe, is that the cool, the convinience, and the simply useful items that people will want to pay for will be on the shop and not given as drops or rewards in game. Or if they do drop ingame it will be at a token 0.001% droprate.. I've been around the block a few times.

Blackardin
08.04.2012 , 04:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Starleash View Post
Cool story bro.
It is a cool story. Much cooler then that worn out catch phrase. ;p

....and it is correct.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Goretzu
08.04.2012 , 04:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I'd like to see where all this talk of a cash shop is comming from?? F2P isn't even out yet and people are complainaing about something that doesn't exist.. I don't get it??
If you'd ever played a F2P MMORPG with a cashshop you would.

That's not to say it will be an utter nightmare, but even the best F2P/cashshop models differ from prior subscription models in game changing ways.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1