Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
08.03.2012 , 02:52 AM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
Discovery

Title: Cipher 0 Part 1 of 2 Some Major Spoilers from the Act 3 Agent storyline, and some Act 3 Bounty Hunter.

Spoiler

Author Note:
Spoiler
I like it, though when someone on the outside romances the Agent I can only think that it's doomed.

Every time someone writes about a BH I want to go level one. Maybe I'll just play one vicariously through all of you folks

kabeone
08.03.2012 , 03:05 AM | #822
Family

This is a new character he is a smuggler of sorts though not THE smuggler from the class storyline (that guy exists but he's someone else). He does not have a name but for the other thread I'm writing his name is, Aiden Lanic.

He's my experiment in writing a male character and writing in first person (when I'm writing from his perspective). This is his 'origin story'.

Shiv
Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Magdalane
08.03.2012 , 06:48 AM | #823
Nicely done, Kabeone!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

elliotcat
08.04.2012 , 12:32 AM | #824
Sorry it's a bit late...this week has been crazy. Our apartment building had a fire and then our area was declared a natural disaster because of the drought, so it has not been pleasant. Anyway, here are new prompts. I still have one coming that I want to post tomorrow for last week, so...feel free if you still have ideas.

8/4/12
Celebration - There are many things to celebrate in life: from weddings to birthdays to holidays. Write about a celebration your character has been a part of. Prompt suggested by SveinEternity.

Guilty Pleasures - We all have them. Does your bounty hunter love The Bachelor (or whatever the SW equivalent is)? Or your Jedi Consular love romance novels? What secret thing do they love - and would be mortified if anyone knew it?

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Earthmama
08.04.2012 , 05:54 AM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Sorry it's a bit late...this week has been crazy. Our apartment building had a fire and then our area was declared a natural disaster because of the drought, so it has not been pleasant. Anyway, here are new prompts. I still have one coming that I want to post tomorrow for last week, so...feel free if you still have ideas.

8/4/12
Celebration - There are many things to celebrate in life: from weddings to birthdays to holidays. Write about a celebration your character has been a part of. Prompt suggested by SveinEternity.

Guilty Pleasures - We all have them. Does your bounty hunter love The Bachelor (or whatever the SW equivalent is)? Or your Jedi Consular love romance novels? What secret thing do they love - and would be mortified if anyone knew it?

I'm so weird, I couldn't leave without getting the prompts first....now I can leave for my vacation in peace! can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

SveinEternity
08.04.2012 , 06:40 AM | #826
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I like it, though when someone on the outside romances the Agent I can only think that it's doomed.

Every time someone writes about a BH I want to go level one. Maybe I'll just play one vicariously through all of you folks
It's always doomed in some way she or form. BH Level one.... I remember those good ol days when I blasted someone's arm off. Or having the extreme drive to kill Nemr'o the Hutt. Yes sir, those were the good days.
The Eternity Legacy

SveinEternity
08.04.2012 , 06:43 AM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Family

This is a new character he is a smuggler of sorts though not THE smuggler from the class storyline (that guy exists but he's someone else). He does not have a name but for the other thread I'm writing his name is, Aiden Lanic.

He's my experiment in writing a male character and writing in first person (when I'm writing from his perspective). This is his 'origin story'.

Shiv
Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
That was so awesome! I can't wait to see more! Also, I like the names you have for Elara's parents.
The Eternity Legacy

Striges
08.04.2012 , 11:01 AM | #828
Prompt: Guilty Pleasures

Title: Too Close for Comfort

Characters: Rixik (male Twi'lek Mercenary), Korjonos (male Chiss Sniper)

This sort of qualifies for one of the themes this week. Had it hanging around for a while since I couldn’t get the idea out of my head after leveling through Imperial Balmorra.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

Tatile
08.04.2012 , 11:55 AM | #829
Family: Part 2
Words: 2,451

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Sorry for this being so late, it just REFUSED to work. I really don't think this is up to my usual standards, so sorry for the slog :/

I think for the next for the next two prompts I'll stick to shorter pieces.

@Striges: I love you. I now have a Guilty Pleasures prompt. Probably Stion'n. Definitely involving a lift.

irishfino
08.04.2012 , 12:36 PM | #830
Prompt: Guilty Pleasures
Characters: Malavai Quinn and LS!Jaesa Wilsaam
Set in the Ninety Seven Percent universe.
These two are too fun to play with.

Spoiler

EDIT:

Notes:
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!