Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

3+ more months of Denova?


Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
08.03.2012 , 03:47 PM | #21
Sure would be nice if they gave us some info on this...even just a general idea of what they are planning. But instead they keep everything secret as if we are a bunch of children and can't comprehend that plans change.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Shinaa's Avatar


Shinaa
08.03.2012 , 07:18 PM | #22
1.4 is still not on the PTS and we still don't know if it will have nightmare Denova.
Even if it does, 1.2 was several weeks on PTS, we are already in august, so 1.4 in august seems very unlikely.
With the F2P news and 2 other games in the same market it may be even possible that they will push back 1.4 until sometime in october...

pure_laced's Avatar


pure_laced
08.03.2012 , 07:19 PM | #23
It is getting ridiculous.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
08.03.2012 , 09:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinaa View Post
1.4 is still not on the PTS and we still don't know if it will have nightmare Denova.
Even if it does, 1.2 was several weeks on PTS, we are already in august, so 1.4 in august seems very unlikely.
With the F2P news and 2 other games in the same market it may be even possible that they will push back 1.4 until sometime in october...
October would not be OK. Maybe early Sept, but that's still pushing it...
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

foxylove's Avatar


foxylove
08.03.2012 , 10:25 PM | #25
I'd be shocked if they'd release NM Denova before putting it on the PTS.

Patch 1.3 was up for like 3 weeks so if we don't see it up on the pts by next week then odds are we won't see it in august.

Don't know what else content could be beyond the world event. I'm thinking that has to be what is referred to in the swtor post about new content in august. The only things they haven't PTS are the world events so that seems like the best educated guess for the new august content.

ChristoMinaverus's Avatar


ChristoMinaverus
08.03.2012 , 10:33 PM | #26
pretty sure all the posts talking about when things were coming out was before the Order 66 at bioware HQ. So I would assume it is safe to say that development now is all set on their cash shop if anything. Notice we have not got a word on the new patch in a very long while.
The Hand of the Empire- The Ebonhawk RP Guild
Together we can overthrow the Emperor

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
08.04.2012 , 01:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristoMinaverus View Post
pretty sure all the posts talking about when things were coming out was before the Order 66 at bioware HQ. So I would assume it is safe to say that development now is all set on their cash shop if anything. Notice we have not got a word on the new patch in a very long while.
How many weeks has it even been since they fixed something? They're not even doing bug fixes anymore or balance patches.

Leovinus's Avatar


Leovinus
08.04.2012 , 05:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.
That's not the way I understand it. They seemed to want to develop nightmare mode to specifically counter how players do the content in story/hard mode. This implies to me that the majority of mechanics will be the same, with something(s) new added that will throw a monkey wrench into the most common "unintended" strats.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
08.04.2012 , 02:05 PM | #29
The way I read it is that it will be completely new mechanics and not just more damage, harder enrage, etc.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Leovinus's Avatar


Leovinus
08.04.2012 , 05:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
The way I read it is that it will be completely new mechanics and not just more damage, harder enrage, etc.
Don't get me wrong, yeah, there will be new mechanics, I'm sure. It's just that I don't think we're looking at totally new encounters, just the old ones with all that you mentioned plus a new mechanic or two that are specifically designed to force raids to change their tactics from what they did in hard mode.