Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper The Weaker Dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sniper The Weaker Dps

Darkabysslord
08.01.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1
Im in Ops group doing 3 raids weekly and Ive found out that im the weakest Dps in the group by alot im almost full BH full augmented Cunning > power, Ive went online and found the best skill and rototion and that did help alot but still no where near the other Dps witch R not as good geared as me . Ive been told that snipers is 1 of the weaker Dps but being a Dps class only I can change 2 anything else did I make a mistake picking a sniper???

totocows
08.01.2012 , 10:30 PM | #2
dude you must be doing something wrong couse your class is OP right now. Serious, every time I have been in ops group with a sniper the sniper has done 15% more deeps than anyone else in the group ( granted they were very well geared but so was everyone else in the group).

chuixupu
08.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #3
If you're being outdps'd by a merc, it's definitely you....
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

The_Bunmaster
08.02.2012 , 08:29 AM | #4
Post your build, your rotations please.

I play a gunslinger. And atm Sents/Mara and Sniper/Gunslingers are at the top of the dps foodchain

Infalliable
08.02.2012 , 08:51 AM | #5
You should post your stats as well. The as-purchased end game gear is generally pretty poorly itemized. The stat distribution stinks as a general rule.

But in general, snipers/gunslingers have very good DPS potential. Marauders, snipers and powertech all have very similar DPS output with skill and the fight mechanics usually dictating who puts out more. Marauders typically have the highest potential, but are punished more by most fight mechanics IME.

Tenacity
08.02.2012 , 11:33 PM | #6
Make sure you're using a SNIPER rifle and not a blaster rifle.

Use a Lethality Build.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer