Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3+ more months of Denova?

Icebergy
08.02.2012 , 10:26 AM | #1
This interview

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...This-Fall.html

makes it sound like there will be no new content other than the world event before the game goes f2p. Is this true? I think Denova is an awesome Op, but I can't see myself clearing four bosses over and over for another 3-4 months...Will we at least get Nightmare Mode soon? Or will that be after f2p too?
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Xiij
08.02.2012 , 11:15 AM | #2
Unfortunately that is what it sounds like. But, we won't know until we get new content or F2P comes... Sorry, wish there was a better answer.

Mavery
08.02.2012 , 12:18 PM | #3
"BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August."

Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20120731

This isn't referring to the world event. A world even is not a "content update" or "new release."

I really think we're going to get the NiM Denova patch this month.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

Icebergy
08.02.2012 , 12:27 PM | #4
I hope you are right, Mavery, I guess we just have to wait and see. I don't see how they could release much else in August if its not on the PTS yet.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Xiij
08.02.2012 , 12:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
"BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August."

This isn't referring to the world event. A world even is not a "content update" or "new release."

Thanks for info. Hope they stay on their time table.

Mavery
08.02.2012 , 01:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I hope you are right, Mavery, I guess we just have to wait and see. I don't see how they could release much else in August if its not on the PTS yet.
I don't think you'll ever see an NiM on the PTS for fairly obvious reasons.
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

pure_laced
08.02.2012 , 02:05 PM | #7
Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Selenial
08.02.2012 , 02:07 PM | #8

IM HOPING this is 1.4, theyre releasing a big patch every 6 weeks now, and i expect that to be 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 etc.... If its 1.4 we might get a new ops, we'll definatly get nightmare Denova, and maybe HK...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Codek
08.02.2012 , 02:14 PM | #9
I believe they mentioned in a podcast a month ago that they are required to put NiM EC on the PTS before it is released due to the high amount of fine tuning and new mechanic testing that will be required.
~Codek

Mavery
08.02.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.
Yeah, I know it's all new mechanics. But NiM being on the PTS would spoil world/server firsts. :/ It's why, outside of initial tiers, you don't see heroic bosses on WoW's PTR. Hoping for the same thing here.
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?