Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW can you PLEASE fix your buggy OPS!!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Voidwards
08.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #21
We had a similar situation.

We got the third bomber, killed it in good time, but the player with the bomb was slow to get to the walker and didn't position herself correctly (quite new to the fight). Eventually she positioned and grappled up, and whilst doing this a fourth bomber spawned. There appears to be some issues with the timer, i.e. Bomber 3 dies > timer to spawn 4 begins > Bomb 3 explodes on walker > Timer to spawn 4 stops. Somewhere in this sequence it appears to jitter, because we've not seen this before.
Clavius - Marauder - SAGA (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

EricMusco
08.01.2012 , 02:44 PM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
This kind of information is exactly what I was looking for, there is really good feedback in this thread. I will pass this on to the team. Thanks everyone!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Spaj
08.01.2012 , 02:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BulldogzLife View Post
Yesterday we had a 4th bomber spawn, but it did so when the walker was in its vulnerable state almost right away after the 3rd bomber. I was able to tank it just fine until it blew up so it wasn't a problem, but that was still definitely a bug.

What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.

I'd just like to add that we've been killing Kephess for months, had no problem taking him down, and never experienced this until the last couple weeks. It needs to be looked at because there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent or work around when this is happening
Make sure your current tank deals ZERO damage to Kephess from the time they get knocked back until they are ready to taunt him back again. Start up bubbles/heals on next tank early as they will get hit hard - they should be communicating when they are taunting so heals can fire up on them.
Shanque

Ryuri-Sama
08.01.2012 , 03:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
kill the walker in 2 phases and you dont have to worry about it
Dealing with Kephess AND the Pulsar droids is a little much bud. =/
Squadron 11.11.11
╬╬╬╬╬|{ ██████████████████████████████)

Solar_Breeze
08.01.2012 , 05:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This kind of information is exactly what I was looking for, there is really good feedback in this thread. I will pass this on to the team. Thanks everyone!
Whilst passing this on, would you be able to pass on the situation with lag.. Countless times lag has caused wipes especially in Denova HM (e.g. interrupting Overload on Minesweeper boss). Every time anyone I know raises a ticket due to this we receive the generic - Check your connection, if wireless change to cable etc... message from support.

It is not our connection. Everyone in the zone lags at the same time. It is linked to whenever groups zone in (which in turn causes more wipes and zone back in...)

See this post for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=499273

bbates
08.01.2012 , 05:44 PM | #26
We found this only happens if we were lagging dps on the bomber and even though we killed him the game registers that he blew up and sends us another one.

Easiest way to fix it is by killing the bomber faster.

It will happen in any stage if you meet the exact circumstances.

I dont know we are clear HM EC in 2 hours or maybe 2.5 now we even brought in some alts on our last run, so it's doable the more gear you get the easier it becomes.
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

LagunaD
08.01.2012 , 06:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BulldogzLife View Post
What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.
I think you may have overlooked an important mechanic.

When Kephess casts Breath of the Masters, he also puts a debuff on the target called "Touch of the Masters". If that tank takes *any* damage before the debuff wears off (from Kephess, who has a very long-ranged cleave - called Savage Arcing Slash, oddly enough - or a tick from one of the purple circles), they are one-shot. It is not enough to taunt, Kephess has to be faced away from the tank who is dropping circles so they do not take damage from his cleave.
Dagoreth/Shadow - Martina/Sentinel - Sandrine/Commando - Silmara/Scoundrel
Belechannas/Sage - Knox/Vanguard

Vixxa/Marauder - Niobe/Sorceror
The Harbinger

Quraswren
08.02.2012 , 09:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuri-Sama View Post
Dealing with Kephess AND the Pulsar droids is a little much bud. =/
Exactly this.

Nothing worse than being penalized for having too much DPS. (kinda like on Toth and Zorn as well) Kill them too fast and the entire encounter crams different phases together making it damn near impossible to beat.

But back on topic. We've seen that happen as well. We just Off tank the 4th till he blows. Not a huge deal but a headache.

KingFink
08.02.2012 , 05:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieM View Post
What kind of utterly misguided fanboy logic is this? Are you prohibited from complaining about a faulty TV you have bought because you have never built a TV before? Of course not! It's the same here. We all pay money for a (so called) premium game service so we are entitled to complain if we think the game isn't working as intended. Your kind of thinking helps no one.
You make a good point, given that you should be able to question when something you are paying for does not behave according to what you were lead to expect.

However, if I walk into the place I bought my faulty TV and grab the guy by the scruff of the neck and yell at him about "What the heck is he doing, and why the heck haven't I gotten what I paid for" I am a jerk, and should not conduct myself that way.

We only have these forums to communicate with the people who make the game that we enjoy. They are doing a job, and trying to pin down these bugs...do you think they'll enjoy their job more if we treat them however we like?

Or should we maybe ask questions in a calm and collected manner and provide all the information we can, so they can get things done in a more orderly fashion?
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Disclaimer: The first rule of partial class balance discussion is that you do not discuss partial class balance.

JamieM
08.04.2012 , 03:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KingFink View Post
You make a good point, given that you should be able to question when something you are paying for does not behave according to what you were lead to expect.

However, if I walk into the place I bought my faulty TV and grab the guy by the scruff of the neck and yell at him about "What the heck is he doing, and why the heck haven't I gotten what I paid for" I am a jerk, and should not conduct myself that way.

We only have these forums to communicate with the people who make the game that we enjoy. They are doing a job, and trying to pin down these bugs...do you think they'll enjoy their job more if we treat them however we like?

Or should we maybe ask questions in a calm and collected manner and provide all the information we can, so they can get things done in a more orderly fashion?
Ok we are straying from the topic somewhat here but I will elucidate. To take the analogy further, when something that you have been complaining about continues to malfunction despite numerous polite requests it is only natural that customers will become frustrated with the manufacturer. Forums all over the internet are filled with angry posts because that's just the way the world works - these forums are a means of communication created by the manufacturer precisely so the customer has a direct line to the developer/manufacturer.

Sometimes you have to write an angry post or two just to communicate that you are unhappy with the situation, just as sometimes politeness is the better course of action. Both have their place and to be honest the amount of annoying bugs in this game (lag, boss fights etc) plus the utter lack of cohesion in others (gear itemisation being the most blatant example) and BW's frequent inappropriate responses, or lack thereof, merits an angry post or 10.

So all things considered I don't think the tone of the OP's post is unwarranted given how long this game has suffered from one (or several) variety/ies of encounter-breaking bug/s or another. The fact that the CS rep has responded to this thread is encouraging but ultimately doesn't really mean anything beyond the fact that they were unaware of the issue having presumably missed it during testing. Not encouraging.