Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pwndjoo's Avatar


Pwndjoo
08.01.2012 , 09:58 AM | #521
ugh...now...give me craftable loot drops like in SWG and player housing so when the trolls come back to the game...i can go to my house and craft tables, statues, rugs, and spice and other cool ****e instead of being pi$$ed off at the community...no really...i want player housing and craftable loot....it WAS fun in SWG...you know it was.

Mydera's Avatar


Mydera
08.01.2012 , 09:58 AM | #522
This really makes me sad and confused! I love this game and now we are gonna have to deal with all the rift raft that is rude and snotty. That is why I don't play WoW anymore, cause of rude annoying people (little kids). We play as a family but respect others not sure if I am gonna like that. Seriously I hope it works but not looking foward to it!

PlayLoud's Avatar


PlayLoud
08.01.2012 , 10:04 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwndjoo View Post
ugh...now...give me craftable loot drops like in SWG and player housing so when the trolls come back to the game...i can go to my house and craft tables, statues, rugs, and spice and other cool ****e instead of being pi$$ed off at the community...no really...i want player housing and craftable loot....it WAS fun in SWG...you know it was.
That WAS a good part of SWG. The crafting system was second to none, and I did like that I had a house that was a physical object in the game (not an instance). However, it didn't make up for the fact that there was zero endgame. SWTOR has Operations that are fun and challenging (for my guild anyway).

The I would be ok with the crafting of vanity items, and some form of player housing (the ship doesn't really cut it, unless they really let you modify the inside). Even as a master Armormech, I don't know if I want the BoS gear to be player made. Looting gear in a raid feel more rewarding than purchasing it on the GTN.
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB | SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
Video: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 7 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

Wisdom's Avatar


Wisdom
08.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Rashne View Post
Excellent decision Bioware, I applaud you and look forward to what you provide for the players.

I for one will continue to subscribe so that I can enjoy everything the game has to offer and get the perks that come with it. I have been a subscriber since Day 1 of Early Access with the Collector's Edition. I enjoy the game and the content you provide, despite what all the haters and trolls have to say (every day) about how "terrible" the game is.

I believe this new model is an acknowledgement of the changing business model of online gaming and reflects the best way to approach the market now.
Agreed!
By definition, the enemies of Wisdom are fools. Are you my enemy?

Jedlosson's Avatar


Jedlosson
08.01.2012 , 10:11 AM | #525
Well, Bioware, it would appear that you just decided to kill SW:ToR...

I intended to play this game for a long time, but now that is becoming "free"2play, i just totally lost interest. I doubt I will be resubscribing anymore.
Sith Juggernaut 55 | Sniper 55 | Sith Sorceror 52 | Mercenary 50
Jedi Guardian 55 | Jedi Shadow 50 | Vanguard 50 | Scoundrel 13
<=== Legacy 47 ===>

HalJordan's Avatar


HalJordan
08.01.2012 , 10:12 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Rashne View Post
Excellent decision Bioware, I applaud you and look forward to what you provide for the players.

I for one will continue to subscribe so that I can enjoy everything the game has to offer and get the perks that come with it. I have been a subscriber since Day 1 of Early Access with the Collector's Edition. I enjoy the game and the content you provide, despite what all the haters and trolls have to say (every day) about how "terrible" the game is.

I believe this new model is an acknowledgement of the changing business model of online gaming and reflects the best way to approach the market now.
Well said, and I also totally agree!

Pwndjoo's Avatar


Pwndjoo
08.01.2012 , 10:16 AM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
That WAS a good part of SWG. The crafting system was second to none, and I did like that I had a house that was a physical object in the game (not an instance). However, it didn't make up for the fact that there was zero endgame. SWTOR has Operations that are fun and challenging (for my guild anyway).

The I would be ok with the crafting of vanity items, and some form of player housing (the ship doesn't really cut it, unless they really let you modify the inside). Even as a master Armormech, I don't know if I want the BoS gear to be player made. Looting gear in a raid feel more rewarding than purchasing it on the GTN.
agreed...im glad someone else remembers that...that was a really fun part of that game for more...loot in general...they had some great ideas...yeah...i understand they cant added housing to the game...i'd prolly be ok with bigger ship and the ability REALLY customize it. i just get frustrated at games these days...everyone is the same...doesnt feel like the options are there anymore.

Hodir's Avatar


Hodir
08.01.2012 , 10:25 AM | #528
This is the fall of a great game. every f2p has gone crap. I waited 2.5 years for this game and now this. maybe its time to find a new game.

Jayvrin's Avatar


Jayvrin
08.01.2012 , 10:33 AM | #529
TOR has certainly had it's difficulties and challenges during it's first 8 months on the market, but I believe that this is the very best way to adjust, and particularly in view of the competition that will make its way onto the MMO scene within the next several months (or, in the case of, say, Guild Wars 2, weeks.)

The barrier for entry is completely lifted, and more gameplay options are almost always a good thing. People who are on the fence about trying the game now have nothing to lose if it turns out that they don't like it. On the other hand, if they're enjoying themselves, then they can sub for $15 a month, or make other monetary transactions as they see fit.

It all sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Pwndjoo's Avatar


Pwndjoo
08.01.2012 , 10:34 AM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Hodir View Post
This is the fall of a great game. every f2p has gone crap. I waited 2.5 years for this game and now this. maybe its time to find a new game.
like what

what the heck is out there anymore...why cant there just be a living star wars game...why...why...yeah im being mr. the glass is half empty right now...but i cant help it