Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So whos actually unsubbing because of this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So whos actually unsubbing because of this?

Gruug
07.31.2012 , 11:23 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmanarl View Post
Nobody. The model they are implementing doesn't take anything away from the current sub experience, only adds more players to the mix.
Sure it does. At the EXPENSE of paying players. Who do you think will be PAYING for those so-call "freeloaders". You think you will get the best value for what you spend at that point? Think again. YOU are paying for everything those "freeloaders" won't have to pay for. That means you won't get many things that your sub would have paid for.

Give me an MMO that I can visit and have fun! Where what I pay for is not going to those that play for free.

Ensquire
07.31.2012 , 11:25 PM | #412
I unsubbed last week and have 18 days left, looking for some news to turn my opinion around and f2p wasn't that news
-----------------------------
R.I.P. BIOWARE
OCT 11, 2007
-----------------------------

octagramt
07.31.2012 , 11:34 PM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
warzones ops and others are limited in FTP meaning that these things will die out as more sub players leave.
and i have played many FTP games and ended up spending more money per mounth than a recuring sub so yes i will be leaving.
You have the option to keep your recurring sub, so no, you will not be spending more
In my world of enemies I walk alone

Biogood
07.31.2012 , 11:43 PM | #414
Sub ends Aug 25, just in time for Gw2 early access. The Fatman server has been fun for many months. I was lucky to have played on this server since launch, so I never really noticed how much this game was dying.

Now, even The Fatman server is edging closer and closer to a ghost town. GW2 will likely be the nail in the coffin. I really loved the community on this server. I've gotten to know a whole lot of players and made many friends. As time passes by, my friend's list becomes more inactive. I am now lucky to see 2 people on my friends list online even during prime-times.
"Don't get any twisted ideas in that Sithy head of yours."

Pirindolo
08.01.2012 , 12:20 AM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaick View Post
Why would anyone leave over a FTP model that retains the subscription method and REWARDS subscribers?

People calling EA the devil for this. Is Turbine the devil too?

I'm here until the game shuts down (not for at least a decade )
Rewards subscribers?

Today, as a subscriber, you pay 15$ to get content A + content B + content C
After F2P comes up, you will be paying the same 15$ for just content A + Content B, since content C (playing 1 to 50) will be free.

How the hell is that a reward? It's clearly a punishment.
May the fork be with you

Beslley
08.01.2012 , 12:24 AM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Pay to win money grab is a guess. I'll continue subbing because I enjoy playing the game. If it does become P2W, I'll likely move on. But I'm sure as hell not going to whimper over something outside of my control that hasn't even happened yet.
It's just a guess, but a good one.

I mean, this is EA. Everything they do is a blatant cash grab with no regard for the quality or entertainment value of the games they produce.

EA is the antithesis of all I love about video games. F*** them.
I think I'm going to boot up KOTOR and cry.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

AidenCast
08.01.2012 , 12:28 AM | #417
Unsubbed. I stuck with Lotro for about 8 months after it went F2P, despite being very negative about the move from the get go. Was accused of being a doom monger on the Codemaster EU forums and pretty much everything I predicted about F2P was in game before I quit. I'm not going to get burnt again, its a shame I really did like this game but I'm not prepared to invest any more time or money in my characters knowing whats coming.
Cancelled 1/8/12
RIP TOR - Another casualty of F2P

Tyrven
08.01.2012 , 12:34 AM | #418
With how toxic general chat and ppls moods have been today over the game going f2p I don't see myself playing much longer. Mix in the armies of pissed off old players that will come back just to spew venom at ppl over the game failing its going to be a nightmare.

KEKHAN
08.01.2012 , 12:35 AM | #419
I thought the game was making a come-back lately, officially DEAD now I guess. Unsubbing.

Tinuveil
08.01.2012 , 12:44 AM | #420
I'm not - not yet, anyways. I think I'll be seeing how it goes and what changes before I decide whether to keep up my subscription or quit playing (or, well, paying). If I don't like the changes (once I've seen them for myself), welp, there goes my subscription. If I don't mind and I'm still enjoying the game, then eh.