Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
07.31.2012 , 04:25 PM | #791
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Welcome to the thread, this was great. A very different take on Quinn and Jaesa from most of the Quinn posts here. (We have a lot of Quinn posts).
He's such a complex character, I can see why. When I got to that scene on my first SW, I nearly cried. My heart sank in my chest. It was very depressing!

Thank you for your kind welcome and words!

Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Oooh!! Quinn and Jeasa! That was so sweet! Poor guy. Lovely!
Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
My word that was emotional. A lovely take on Quinn's reaction to the event and certainly a scene that could never have happened with anyone else. I hope you pursue this, I'd like to read more.
I do plan to continue this. Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Have to admit, since my opinions of Quinn have been shaped by these stories (not having played a SW) that the idea of him with Jaesa is unique. Makes you think about the possibilities outside the prescribed romance arc.
You must roll a Sith warrior! Personally, it is the best story in the game with the most lasting consequences for your actions. It's a wonderful story!

Quote: Originally Posted by greyjedibp View Post
We don't lot LsJaesa story here and think that is good story
The lack of LS!Jaesa stories is something that piqued my interest. She's a bit fun to play with. Thank you for your compliment!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
07.31.2012 , 06:36 PM | #792
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Imperial Intelligence always makes me so happy...though yours turned out very, very different from mine

I've headcanoned a Cipher Fourteen as my Warrior's mother, but she hasn't turned up much in fic because I'm actually awful at thinking up spy stories. There are so many character opportunities in unassigned Watchers, Ciphers, Keepers, Fixers, Minders...
That's one of the reasons why I find Intelligence so intriguing--so many possibilities for all kinds of people doing all kinds of things there in the background.
Interesting coincidence--my headcanon has a Cipher Fourteen as my Inquisitor's mother.

Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Adris and Brei'yu were both light sided sith haters. I can't imagine an Imperial Intelligence like this. The solution? I rolled a dark sided Sith sympathizing Agent! Holy crap what have I done?

I like your Sith's origins. Though a designation has high as 90 in a Watcher is a little mind blowing for me. Looking forward to more.
Thaera is not all that sympathetic to the Sith--
Spoiler

I suppose 90 is a bit high of a number, heh. When coming up with Intelligence characters I tend to pick numbers at random, with the theory that the higher the number, the less likely it is for that designation to be in use in-game.

Discoveries, Sith Warrior Ruth (again again again), 1000 words. SW Act 3 spoilers.
Wow. I like this. Interesting to see something from Quinn's PoV. It's also interesting to see how everyone interprets the various stories, especially the SW story, with that one event that everyone has a different take on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Prompt: Family

Title: We Belong

Characters: Sha’ra’zaed (Operative), Vector
Everything I just said about how it's interesting to see all the different story interpretations applies here too. I like the interaction between Vector and your agent--very sweet, especially at the end.

Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
This is my first time posting something I've written here. (Can't post most of my stories because they are *cough* naughty.)

Prompt: Discovery

Chapter Three spoiler (AKA the Quinn Thing).
Characters: Quinn and LS!Jaesa
Oh, wow. That was...really, really different. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

Here’s a short Canned Responses with Sith Warrior Ruth and the first of many times she got a particular line out of Vette. Very early in the storyline, no spoilers. 200 words.
Typical Vette I think she'd definitely use that line a lot on my Warrior, as well.
There's always lightning.

Tatile
07.31.2012 , 06:42 PM | #793
Family, part 1
Words: 2,500
Reasoning: I'm stuck at the hor d'oeuvres (no, seriously)
Characters: Rochester, Broan, Benedicta, Stion'n and Amilia

Spoiler

Part 2 will be along when I can figure out how to scandalize a champagne glass.

bright_ephemera
07.31.2012 , 08:58 PM | #794
Huh. This continuation (with bonus family!) tumbled out on the heels of Ruth's previous Discovery prompt, and I swear after this I'm done for the week. I really need to get a hobby.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
07.31.2012 , 11:15 PM | #795

Characters: Malavai Quinn and LS!Jaesa

Quinn digs up a bit of his past and Jaesa publicly pries it out of his cold, angry fingers.

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Crezelle
07.31.2012 , 11:39 PM | #796
Huh. This continuation (with bonus family!) tumbled out on the heels of Ruth's previous Discovery prompt, and I swear after this I'm done for the week. I really need to get a hobby.

Spoiler
ruth is now my soap opera fix. what would be more hilarious if someone wrote thier femwar/quinn/pierce dynamics like a gender-reversed reeba.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Striges
08.01.2012 , 12:05 AM | #797
interesting follow-up, given what you've written with Ruth and Quinn to date. I'm definitely curious where this is going.

Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post

Characters: Malavai Quinn and LS!Jaesa

Quinn digs up a bit of his past and Jaesa publicly pries it out of his cold, angry fingers.
Both of yours were very different takes on Quinn; the beginning of "Discovery" in particular. Examining the direct aftermath from Quinn's perspective. And welcome to the thread!

bright_ephemera
08.01.2012 , 05:25 AM | #798
Good Lord, this thread is active. Story index by character is up to date (for at least another thirty seconds, probably), with several new authors added!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
08.01.2012 , 05:40 AM | #799
It's good to see we've got so many writers here I'm wondering if any of the Bioware lot read this thread.

SveinEternity
08.01.2012 , 08:46 AM | #800
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
It's good to see we've got so many writers here I'm wondering if any of the Bioware lot read this thread.
They should because it's awesome! Sorry I have'nt commented latley guys. I was soooooooo busy with a move this past week. I've slowly been reading them and I want to say you are all awesome writers.
The Eternity Legacy