Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gabbieanne
07.31.2012 , 07:55 PM | #251
Are the cartel coins just for buying cosmetic crap or are we going to get something worthwhile that will help gameplay? I for one don't care about fancy shining speeders or annoying pets following me around. I am more interested in stats boosts or some type of gear.

turtlesnake
07.31.2012 , 07:57 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Tylerlee View Post
I think you need to realise 90% of the items in the cash shop are going to be aimed at getting the F2P players to spend cash on boosts.

Someone like myself who has multiple level 50s and does not need/want to level another character only has Operations and a few more WZs to look forward to, how is that worth $15 a month?
so what your saying is, you dont know why you are spending $15 dollars a month now? I mean thats what every mmo is like once you get to 50. You pvp or you raid or you level an alt. welcome to mmo's
Troopers do it best

turtlesnake
07.31.2012 , 08:00 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I actuall like having a ton of missions to do when I leveled up ...am I wierd?

But yeah...endgame gear *looks at BH and BM / WH* looks like WoW barf.
have you heard of social/adaptive gear?
Troopers do it best

turtlesnake
07.31.2012 , 08:03 PM | #254
people this:http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

and this: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

and this: http://www.swtor.com/free

before replying for the love of all that is holy.
Troopers do it best

Jobeleca
07.31.2012 , 08:06 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Superllvllan View Post
I can understand giving Collector's edition 1000 coins, what about deluxe digital buyers? I'm sure they deserve some show of loyalty too!
I felt the same initially, then I recalled the absurdly high record setting price that the Collectors edition people paid vs Deluxe.
To bathe a cat takes brute force, perservance, courage of conviction - and a cat.
The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by.
- Stephen Baker

KwisatzHhaderach
07.31.2012 , 08:11 PM | #256
*** i dont like this im paying since day one..... i always said i will be here until this dies and i will but.... i dont like the idea of the game overpopulated with scumbags... server lags and all this **** that is coming this way only to speed up updates and a *********** game store........ and i hope they are not planning to sell an edge in pvp in exchange of some delicious money

Jobeleca
07.31.2012 , 08:20 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by KwisatzHhaderach View Post
i dont like the idea of the game overpopulated with scumbags... server lags and all this **** that is coming this way
In STO, the percentage of scumbags really is no higher than it used to be, I don't think you have to worry about this. As for lagging, the solution is smaller population caps before starting additional instances of an area. I've found that for my machine with an older ATI Radeon HD 5770 I can handle up to 200 people in fleet before my machine drags. Many people confuse lag caused by your machine with server lag, even at our highest population in the initial days I never once experienced server based lag.
To bathe a cat takes brute force, perservance, courage of conviction - and a cat.
The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by.
- Stephen Baker

steeltow
07.31.2012 , 08:23 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by krossjointz View Post
I officially unsubscribed and uninstalled today go take your free to play *** **** and shove it up your *** you should have fixed the *********** problems with the game instead of being moranic *********** ******* QQing about what new **** you want to put in the game. maybe then this retarded *** hybrid f2p model wouldnt exist and you wouldnt lose the rest of your subscribers congrats you *********** mental ******* thank you for killing any gosh darn hope i had of a star wars mmo

may the force be with you as you all burn in *********** hell
way to be constructive lol, a simple "i do not like this " would have worked. let the grown ups talk now and go back to your farmville

Sir_Raston
07.31.2012 , 08:28 PM | #259
My biggest issue is that it never stops where they start the store. Never.

In EQ2, it was, we aren't going to add RMT, then it was, we are adding RMT but only on these servers over here, it won't interupt your game play. Then it was RMT is on all game server, but we aren't going to put anything that will change the game... Then the xp potions and heal pots, etc started... Then they merged the F2P (or P2W rather) servers and the sub servers and I couldn't handle it anymore. All the time I was telling people that this is the way it was going to go down and being told to shut up about slippery slopes that it won't ever happen.

Yes, it may be inoffensive to most now, but remember, this is just the start. The ease in to make it easier to swallow, but it won't stop here, it never does.

Overtone
07.31.2012 , 08:30 PM | #260
Quote:
What happens if I decide to change from being a subscription player to a Free-to-Play member? What will happen to my credits, inventory, bank items, and characters?
Your account will automatically be downgraded and it will operate under the Free player restrictions. You will need to choose what items to keep with you within the restriction levels of the free access. Furthermore, you will be able to see, but not use, your excess credits, inventory slots, bank tabs, and extra characters.

Oh and us DDE purchasers are getting screwed here. We paid more for the initial buy and now we get nothing extra.

BW your lack of common sense is astounding.

What is really stupid is BW is letting people play the best part of their game for free. PvP, Ops, FP, end game content in general is a joke.
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If I can use blue 46s armorings/mods/enhancements in all of my armor and mh/oh and have competitive stats in a PvP environment, why cant I use that same gear to be competitive in PvE?
Seems like a double standard to me.