Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thasri
07.31.2012 , 05:16 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaltom View Post
I hope you go bankrupt. I will not buy another Bioware product voluntarily again.
QQ? Mmmm seems you think your entitled to something but you are not. Good luck don't let the door hit ya where your mama split ya.
A Republic Guild
SAINT Founder Prophecy of the Five Jedi Shadow

Tuscad
07.31.2012 , 05:16 PM | #132
Will we have to use our Cartel Tokens to get better communication on the forums with the devs/community team?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Nyoro
07.31.2012 , 05:17 PM | #133
The "we have the best fans in the business" part made me chuckle a little. Online forums are almost universally vile but the SWTOR forums have been particularity nasty since launch.
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

Yinata
07.31.2012 , 05:17 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Nohonor View Post
That just means there will be new end game players!!
ROFL this is the biggest lie about the F2P model, most the F2P'ers will be in the lowbie zone of levels for the most part, not saying all of them are super casual, but likely they are and playing this game in particular for the V/O. In other words you will slowly see the 50 pop's go down the drain w/ few new players to fill their spots. In other words the death of SWTOR has begun........

One word comes to mind that describes today.......

BIOFAIL!

xippo
07.31.2012 , 05:18 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by JJDrakken View Post
So the Digital Deluxe people get screwed then? Collectors get 1000 Cartel Coins & a Banner, while those who purchased Digital Deluxe get jack diddly?

JJ
That would appear to be the case, yes.

As for the F2P change, well I will hold off on judgement with a tepid nervousness. Watching two games I loved playing greatly and did for many years go the same route left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. While the game content came out more frequently there were some good sized bug issues form time to time and the quality of the quests seemed to wane. With that I saw the community get bigger but with that also came a lower quality of person. And I'm not talking about the person ability to maneuver a keyboard and be a "leet" player, I am referring to the gimmie gimmie gimmie entitlement mentality and in general sheer laziness associated with that influx of people. Both of those ruined my game experience in both of those games (both owned by the same company). I really enjoy the game and most of the people in it, I would hate to have to consider this game another fore gone conclusion and have to walk away because I just can not deal with those kinds of people. Truth is, bugs I can understand, deal with, and accept. Poor community, I will not.

Kleve
07.31.2012 , 05:18 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Thasri View Post
QQ? Mmmm seems you think your entitled to something but you are not. Good luck don't let the door hit ya where your mama split ya.
Actually, if he, like me, pre-ordered/purchased SWTOR, he IS entitled to something. Namely, a product worthy of the money he paid. He, like me, obviously feels he did NOT receive a quality product for which he paid and that's something only he can decide.

jsmc
07.31.2012 , 05:19 PM | #137
I love this game....just, please don't ruin it.

DreadRanger
07.31.2012 , 05:21 PM | #138
Prepare yourselves for the invasion of the Skint Armada!

Corpselight
07.31.2012 , 05:22 PM | #139
Jedi need to die painfully so! I mean really the endless whine of my jedi my jedi is pathetic! You side gets to win every time in it's cliched cannoned good vs evil crap. Sith rule jedi drool! Besides jedi do not have thrones and since you jedi naturally stink it is only fair that you look like walking turds. DEATH TO THE JEDI!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Choloe View Post
My only problem is BioWare once again showing it's "Empire Bias" by making all the rewards "Sith" rewards... Where is the Jedi Master's chair? Where are robes that make us look like Jedi and not homeless Egyptian hobo's?? :/

Liquidacid
07.31.2012 , 05:22 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
The "we have the best fans in the business" part made me chuckle a little. Online forums are almost universally vile but the SWTOR forums have been particularity nasty since launch.
in the MMO world the more vile the forums the more popular the game... lol
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.