Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithEater
07.31.2012 , 04:18 PM | #41
So don't expect 1.4 to come out anytime soon?
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

Master-Nala
07.31.2012 , 04:18 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Choloe View Post
My only problem is BioWare once again showing it's "Empire Bias" by making all the rewards "Sith" rewards... Where is the Jedi Master's chair? Where are robes that make us look like Jedi and not homeless Egyptian hobo's?? :/
OK that was funny.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

Darth_Shadoon
07.31.2012 , 04:19 PM | #43
I'm fairly new to online gaming so I'm not sure about the positive or negative effects this will have on the game, but more people on the servers is never a bad thing. What I am interested to know is more specifics on what differences there will be between F2P and sub players, and whether or not those differences are going to be worth 15 dollars a month.

Darth-Malice
07.31.2012 , 04:20 PM | #44
My feedback is you just killed the game and the entire franchise. Not to mention whatever was left of EA's Integrity. Way to go killed Dragon Age, mass Effect and KOTOR all in one year. You truly are the king of kings when it comes to money grabs.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

zackinthebox
07.31.2012 , 04:20 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Gherig View Post
LOL if hes not smart enough to see F2P is a benefit for everyone, Checkers might even be a hurdle for him, clearly never going to learn chess.
The only benefit F2P serves is server overcrowding which is already happening and me not having to pay 15$ a month anymore...

JWagner
07.31.2012 , 04:21 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by zackinthebox View Post
The only benefit F2P serves is server overcrowding which is already happening and me not having to pay 15$ a month anymore...
Now they have a reason to re-open some old servers.
I just hope they let me transfer BACK to my origin server when this happens.
█||||||||()█≡(█████The Ebon Hawk (RP)█████►
Drayson Jedi Guardian | Ree'ki Gunslinger
Dinaya Sith Sorcerer | Dalina Powertech

vandana_
07.31.2012 , 04:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Shadoon View Post
more people on the servers is never a bad thing.
play a game of league of legends and see what kind of audience f2p crowd is.
V'ox

Midgen
07.31.2012 , 04:23 PM | #48
I have no problem with Free 2 play or Freemium.

However, I fail to see how this model (only charging for people who want to use the GTN or access Operations) is going to make any money.

As someone who intends to continue to pay the subscription as long as I'm actively playing, I'd like to have seen the Free to Play limit for story content stop after Act 2. Make people who want to play to the end of their class story pay to access that part.

Tamilveeran
07.31.2012 , 04:23 PM | #49
I hope the constant "F2P yet" trolls will now have nothing more to say, F2P or w/e I like the game and I'm subbed till even 1 sever is online.

DarkSaberMaster
07.31.2012 , 04:23 PM | #50
Like anybody was really surprised that this was going to happen lol. The writings was already on the walls. Some people just chose not to read it.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) Daege: (AP Powertech)
The Harbinger Thanks for killing Engineer Snipers, Devs
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff