Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DragonBurp
07.31.2012 , 02:15 PM | #211
Now that the Free To Play has been announced, are you considering also offering a Lifetime Subscription in addition to the current 1/3/6 month subscription model?

DarthBuckets
07.31.2012 , 02:17 PM | #212
Since moving the population to destination servers, there are significant server-side hiccups when many players are placed into a single server (For example, 100+ people in Denova(1) or 50+ people in The Pit(1)). Are there immediate plans to rectify this issue (such as lowering instance server player caps or re-purposing source server resources) that you can elaborate on?

UltraManDingo
07.31.2012 , 02:36 PM | #213
In the announcement for Free-to-Play you say we get 1000 coins for the Collector's Edition, but in the FAQ for "Iím confused, how many Cartel Coins will I receive when the free-to-play option is offered?", you say we get 500 coins. Which is correct?

Also, will the items for sale from the Cartel be unique to that means of acquisition?
ManDingoCC6901... The Ultra
═══=|Ä═══════════════

Ewokpunter
07.31.2012 , 02:45 PM | #214
Will there be an option to buy the Operations so that a free player may do opertaions as well?
Smuggling goods across the galaxy, one Parsec at a time.

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/fcd4e9bb295f79c3.png

DJRequiem
07.31.2012 , 02:51 PM | #215
Will their be extra character slots available soon or at least before or at the time of new species? Can you get those installed with the new cartel cash? I would gladly pay for more slots. I want a trando powertech!

Dein_Cathair
07.31.2012 , 03:04 PM | #216
Here's my question:

I recently played around with the voice acting (took me 15 mins) of the jedi knight using *simple* EAX software.
I was able to make 3 distinct voices without distortion and that were very clear.

Why not use this technology to improve the player experience by allowing players to change the voices at char creation to provide "Different" voices of the same class in content such as flashpoints? It is pretty bad when you have say a Jedi guardian and 2 sentinels in a FP and when the dialogue comes up, everyone sounds the same.

This is pretty easy to do and would make a huge improvement in the game and give a much beter experience for players.

AllisonBerryman
07.31.2012 , 03:42 PM | #217 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Everyone - thanks for posting your questions! We'll be delaying the usual Q&A this week in order to create a Q&A for our new Free-to-Play option, but don't worry; we'll be keeping the questions you posted here and will use them as a source for our next regular Q&A. Thanks!