Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW can you PLEASE fix your buggy OPS!!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fumanchu_Fow's Avatar


Fumanchu_Fow
07.30.2012 , 02:33 PM | #11
We've had the opposite occur to us more than once where the third bomber never spawns and we are forced to wipe because you can't kill kephess with the walker still alive.

pure_laced's Avatar


pure_laced
07.30.2012 , 02:42 PM | #12
As long as the walker is down and you can defeat the walker, you can ignore the last erroneous bomber. Put a tank on him and he will blow up before you have to do any tank switches.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Metalmac's Avatar


Metalmac
07.30.2012 , 03:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
I believe the culprit to this bug is that theses bombardiers towards the end of a fight have a set time limit to spawn once the previous one has. What's happening is that the 3rd one spawns and is killed very close to it's self destruct. The person with the mark, for what ever reason, takes a while getting to the droid and placing themselves correctly to destroy the droid.

Here's where I believe the issues arises, because the bombardiers spawn quicker at this point in the fight, the next one is queued up to spawn before the player actually blow up the walker. As the walker is being destroyed, the next bombardier comes out and unnecessarily causes chaos.

This is what my guild has concluded and we have used some tricks (pulls and jumps) to get the person with the mark to the droid as fast as possible. As long as the process of killing the bomber and blowing up the walker is done in a quick manor, we have not seen this issue happen again.
This workaround means you are forced to use certain class to get a fix on the problem so some class would be excluded from this Fight as it would mean they are of no use. This needs to be addressed and fixed BioWare!

swilksy's Avatar


swilksy
07.30.2012 , 06:16 PM | #14
Why do you claim this is a bug??

Either do more dps or get a tank on the 2nd bomber until he blows, surely if youre wiping to it, youre expecting it to happen.

Tmanarl's Avatar


Tmanarl
07.30.2012 , 09:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

I am trying to get the exact details about the issue you experienced to pass them onto the team. If I am understanding this correctly:

  1. You kill the 3rd bomber.
  2. Kill the walker, which leaves Kephess.
  3. While fighting Kephess, a 4th bomber (which is unneeded) erroneously spawns.

If this is the case, let me know. Also, one of the things that is always helpful in bug reports is if there is anything you can think of that is directly causing this to happen, feel free to add it. This will give us a great starting point to get to the bottom of what's going on.
Glad to know you are still with BW Eric.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 55 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 55 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 55 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 55 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 55 Sith Marauder | Calvaria: 23 Sith Assassin

JamieM's Avatar


JamieM
07.31.2012 , 02:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PainOfDemise View Post
When you get your own team together and make any type of game and release content and have it not be in any way buggy or broken, then you can ask what they're doing.
What kind of utterly misguided fanboy logic is this? Are you prohibited from complaining about a faulty TV you have bought because you have never built a TV before? Of course not! It's the same here. We all pay money for a (so called) premium game service so we are entitled to complain if we think the game isn't working as intended. Your kind of thinking helps no one.

vinceng's Avatar


vinceng
07.31.2012 , 06:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

I am trying to get the exact details about the issue you experienced to pass them onto the team. If I am understanding this correctly:

  1. You kill the 3rd bomber.
  2. Kill the walker, which leaves Kephess.
  3. While fighting Kephess, a 4th bomber (which is unneeded) erroneously spawns.

If this is the case, let me know. Also, one of the things that is always helpful in bug reports is if there is anything you can think of that is directly causing this to happen, feel free to add it. This will give us a great starting point to get to the bottom of what's going on.
Hey there,

Finally a real respond, thanks. Yes, the problem is while the walker comes down, the 4th bomber spawns. it really screws up the group.

And the thing is, we tired it a few times, its not every time that it happens. So i'm sure it is a bug.

Thanks for replying tho,

vinceng's Avatar


vinceng
07.31.2012 , 07:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

I am trying to get the exact details about the issue you experienced to pass them onto the team. If I am understanding this correctly:

  1. You kill the 3rd bomber.
  2. Kill the walker, which leaves Kephess.
  3. While fighting Kephess, a 4th bomber (which is unneeded) erroneously spawns.

If this is the case, let me know. Also, one of the things that is always helpful in bug reports is if there is anything you can think of that is directly causing this to happen, feel free to add it. This will give us a great starting point to get to the bottom of what's going on.
Hey there,

Finally a real respond, thanks. Yes, the problem is while the walker comes down, the 4th bomber spawns. it really screws up the group.

And the thing is, we tired it a few times, its not every time that it happens. So i'm sure it is a bug.

Thanks for replying tho,

mithrondir's Avatar


mithrondir
07.31.2012 , 07:45 AM | #19
is the walker death or not when the 4th comes?
"the smartest person is the person who knows nothing at all"

BulldogzLife's Avatar


BulldogzLife
07.31.2012 , 11:49 AM | #20
Yesterday we had a 4th bomber spawn, but it did so when the walker was in its vulnerable state almost right away after the 3rd bomber. I was able to tank it just fine until it blew up so it wasn't a problem, but that was still definitely a bug.

What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.

I'd just like to add that we've been killing Kephess for months, had no problem taking him down, and never experienced this until the last couple weeks. It needs to be looked at because there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent or work around when this is happening