Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
07.31.2012 , 04:13 AM | #781
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Prompt: Family

Title: We Belong

Characters: Sha’ra’zaed (Operative), Vector
Love it.

Thar be Agent spoilers here:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
07.31.2012 , 06:20 AM | #782
It's almost a pity that the Chiss are so secretive, they seem to have a really interesting society.

irishfino
07.31.2012 , 11:07 AM | #783
This is my first time posting something I've written here. (Can't post most of my stories because they are *cough* naughty.)

Prompt: Discovery

Chapter Three spoiler (AKA the Quinn Thing).
Characters: Quinn and LS!Jaesa

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

kabeone
07.31.2012 , 11:20 AM | #784
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
This is my first time posting something I've written here. (Can't post most of my stories because they are *cough* naughty.)

Notes:
Spoiler
Welcome to the thread, this was great. A very different take on Quinn and Jaesa from most of the Quinn posts here. (We have a lot of Quinn posts).

Earthmama
07.31.2012 , 11:29 AM | #785

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Oooh!! Quinn and Jeasa! That was so sweet! Poor guy. Lovely!

Tatile
07.31.2012 , 12:15 PM | #786

<snip>
My word that was emotional. A lovely take on Quinn's reaction to the event and certainly a scene that could never have happened with anyone else. I hope you pursue this, I'd like to read more.

Magdalane
07.31.2012 , 12:15 PM | #787
Have to admit, since my opinions of Quinn have been shaped by these stories (not having played a SW) that the idea of him with Jaesa is unique. Makes you think about the possibilities outside the prescribed romance arc.
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

greyjedibp
07.31.2012 , 12:33 PM | #788
We don't lot LsJaesa story here and think that is good story

Striges
07.31.2012 , 12:45 PM | #789
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Love it.

Thar be Agent spoilers here:
Spoiler
Glad you liked it; this one was hard for me to write.

To answer your question about the name of her ship, Homer (in English translation) uses the phrase "wine-dark sea" in the Iliad/Odyssey and I've always liked it. In addition, Somtow Sucharitkul, one of my favorite authors, had a collection of short stories (influenced by Greek mythology), Fire from the Wine-Dark Sea. Just adjusted for a spacefaring society where sea is analogous to space/the sky. I kicked around the idea of it being a phrase from Chiss epic poetry and explaining it in the text, but it didn't work into the dialog well so I dropped it--from this snippet at least. I have no doubt Vector would be interested.

Agent spoiler
Spoiler

must sleep now. catch up on reading later.

bright_ephemera
07.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #790
Here’s a short Canned Responses with Sith Warrior Ruth and the first of many times she got a particular line out of Vette. Very early in the storyline, no spoilers. 200 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.