Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is for those who thinks SW:TOR lacks content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This is for those who thinks SW:TOR lacks content.

Miorum
07.30.2012 , 06:26 PM | #121
Alright, I'll bite. A lot of people have already and I'm likely to repeat their points but here we go.

Quote:
For all of you who have been around long enough to play Vanilla WoW: Think of the content it initially started with. I managed to play Vanilla WoW, and the content was minimal.
How long ago was this? Back then, there were (almost?) no MMORPG's and they had no idea how to manage it. Blizzard has learned over the years how to keep their players somewhat pleased. Given the expansions and all of the other MMO's that came out between Vanilla WoW and SW:TOR, Bioware should have gotten a pretty big hint on how to make an interesting game with replay value. Comparing vanilla WoW to current-day SW:TOR is like comparing the very first printing press to a modern-day printer.

Honest, I have no incentive to roll another character on either side - as I have a 50th level character on either side already. I've seen it all. Nothing will change. I can't go anywhere else.
At least in WoW there were different zones you could go to depending on level (I remember choosing Winterspring over Western Plaguelands. So glad I did.)

TL;DR - Bioware had a pretty big pallet to work from. A large array of MMO's that show them how to (and how not to) build a game. I can easily forgive them for bugs that appear, as no system is without flaw --but they should've known that linear progression followed by "HM/Raid and/or PVP...that's all." at level 50 would get boring quickly.
Clue not gotten. Makes me sadface.
Miorum Dustmoore - Scoundrel
I'll only play "Sawbones" if I can take and sell your kidneys.

dankat
07.30.2012 , 07:50 PM | #122
What is with all these kids posting their ages to? Does it matter? You could have avoided so much controversy on this thread.
Damn the fool who said history doesn't repeat itself, he clearly was not talking about MMOS.

dankat
07.30.2012 , 07:51 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Miorum View Post
Alright, I'll bite. A lot of people have already and I'm likely to repeat their points but here we go.

How long ago was this? Back then, there were (almost?) no MMORPG's and they had no idea how to manage it. Blizzard has learned over the years how to keep their players somewhat pleased. Given the expansions and all of the other MMO's that came out between Vanilla WoW and SW:TOR, Bioware should have gotten a pretty big hint on how to make an interesting game with replay value. Comparing vanilla WoW to current-day SW:TOR is like comparing the very first printing press to a modern-day printer.

Honest, I have no incentive to roll another character on either side - as I have a 50th level character on either side already. I've seen it all. Nothing will change. I can't go anywhere else.
At least in WoW there were different zones you could go to depending on level (I remember choosing Winterspring over Western Plaguelands. So glad I did.)

TL;DR - Bioware had a pretty big pallet to work from. A large array of MMO's that show them how to (and how not to) build a game. I can easily forgive them for bugs that appear, as no system is without flaw --but they should've known that linear progression followed by "HM/Raid and/or PVP...that's all." at level 50 would get boring quickly.
Clue not gotten. Makes me sadface.
There were many MMORPG's before WoW, including UO, DAOC, AC, EQ, among others.
Damn the fool who said history doesn't repeat itself, he clearly was not talking about MMOS.