Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Obi-wan vs Revan


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.30.2012 , 05:05 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Revan. I mean, obi-wan is strong, but he has his limits. It would be a tough battle.
Why?
Play the force unleahed ultimate Sith (non canon) edition. Darth Starkiller rips apart obi. Twice.
And it took the emperor's wrath, Lord Kallig, Cipher 9, and the grand champion of the great hunt to defeat Revan. And we don't even know what happened to him.

But again, it would be close. But Revan's force abilities would eventually overpower obi-wan.
Wow, beating up an old past his prime Kenobi. Yeah, that's what you should use in an argument. Plus the Sith edition is non-canon. Obi-Wan could probably beat all four of them as well.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
07.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Please, Please do not quote Kriea. It is the general consensus that Kriea is a big fat liar. Do not believe anything she says. The only thing you can believe is some of the things she says when she is at deaths door.

As for the lightsaber duel. Obi-Wan wins. Plain and simple. Revan and Obi-Wan are some of the greatest combatants of their times. But Obi-Wan is one of the Greatest of his time in a time of greats. Revan is great in a time of mediocre people. See this fight is about great fighters, but Revan isn't that great, to be honest. He did great things, but the majority of the problems he faced were his doing. Had he not failed in defeating the Emperor, there would have been no Jedi Civil War.
I am not going to discredit Revans mastery of the Force just because you say it's the general consensus that she's a liar. I don't see why she would lie about Revan anyway. Your argument does nothing to discredit Revans ability with a lightsaber either, but I feel it would be a toss up. Revan accomplished great feats with his lightsaber prowess, as did Obi Wan.
Squadron 238
Naga Sadow
Inhert - Terrible Sorcerer

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.30.2012 , 05:18 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
I am not going to discredit Revans mastery of the Force just because you say it's the general consensus that she's a liar. I don't see why she would lie about Revan anyway. Your argument does nothing to discredit Revans ability with a lightsaber either, but I feel it would be a toss up. Revan accomplished great feats with his lightsaber prowess, as did Obi Wan.
Kriea lied to Meetra about pretty much everything. I do not deny that Revan was great, but you cannot use what Kreia said about anything to back up your argument.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
07.30.2012 , 05:26 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
Revan accomplished great feats with his lightsaber prowess, as did Obi Wan.
Revan wasn't considered to be one of, if not the best Soresu practitioners of all time.

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
07.30.2012 , 05:29 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Kriea lied to Meetra about pretty much everything. I do not deny that Revan was great, but you cannot use what Kreia said about anything to back up your argument.
That's fine then, but the only quote I used from her was the heart of the Force statement and still doesn't discredit Revans ability.
Squadron 238
Naga Sadow
Inhert - Terrible Sorcerer

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.30.2012 , 05:37 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
That's fine then, but the only quote I used from her was the heart of the Force statement and still doesn't discredit Revans ability.
Right when she said heart of the Force, I knew she was a load of bologna. Just giving you some advice on the whole Kreia deal.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
07.30.2012 , 05:48 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Revan wasn't considered to be one of, if not the best Soresu practitioners of all time.
You are correct. Obi wan was THE master of Soresu during his time. He was literally capable of wading into blaster fire and deflect every single shot sent his way. He was able to easily defeat Grevious in their last duel, and was able to surprise Dooku and go toe-to-toe against his Makashi mastery.

I don't think there's any statement of what lightsaber forms Revan used or mastered, but he's been seen using one and two lightsabers. Revan's own feats with his lightsaber prowess include slaying two Terentateks at once. In an era where there were multitudes more Sith and Dark Jedi, Revan single-handedly slew many dark Jedi and went on to face and defeat a supercharged Darth Malak, someone who had been considered one of the greatest duelists in the galaxy at the time. Not only that, but he also faced and defeated Mandalor the Ultimate.

Obi Wan might have been THE master of Soresu, but I believe Revan's acomplishments with a lightsaber are just as great, which is why I say it would be a toss up.
Squadron 238
Naga Sadow
Inhert - Terrible Sorcerer

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.30.2012 , 06:03 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
You are correct. Obi wan was THE master of Soresu during his time. He was literally capable of wading into blaster fire and deflect every single shot sent his way. He was able to easily defeat Grevious in their last duel, and was able to surprise Dooku and go toe-to-toe against his Makashi mastery.

No argument there.

I don't think there's any statement of what lightsaber forms Revan used or mastered, but he's been seen using one and two lightsabers. Revan's own feats with his lightsaber prowess include slaying two Terentateks at once. In an era where there were multitudes more Sith and Dark Jedi, Revan single-handedly slew many dark Jedi and went on to face and defeat a supercharged Darth Malak, someone who had been considered one of the greatest duelists in the galaxy at the time. Not only that, but he also faced and defeated Mandalor the Ultimate.

If you ask any Revanite they'll say that Revan was the master of every lightsaber form and mastered both light and dark sides of the Force. Of course that is false, but they'll say it.

Obi Wan might have been THE master of Soresu, but I believe Revan's acomplishments with a lightsaber are just as great, which is why I say it would be a toss up.
Answers up in red.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
07.30.2012 , 06:41 PM | #89
Ok, we have arguments on both sides, including one with Kreia "Revan was..... power. It was like looking into a pale reflection of Kyle Katarn."

And one using GAME MECHANICS..... ohboy.

Both of those arguments are used in favor of Revan. Ok, I'm a Revan fanboy, but come on! Revan doesn't even try to suppress his emotions, and Obi-Wan would take full advantage of that. Only one guy was able to keep his cool against Obi-Wan, and Revan ain't Dooku.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
07.30.2012 , 06:50 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Ok, we have arguments on both sides, including one with Kreia "Revan was..... power. It was like looking into a pale reflection of Kyle Katarn."

And one using GAME MECHANICS..... ohboy.

Both of those arguments are used in favor of Revan. Ok, I'm a Revan fanboy, but come on! Revan doesn't even try to suppress his emotions, and Obi-Wan would take full advantage of that. Only one guy was able to keep his cool against Obi-Wan, and Revan ain't Dooku.
Revan is a tactical genius. I don't see why he would fall into Soresu's trap of letting your emotions get the better of him, like Anakin did. That's how Soresu works. An impenetrable defense that wears down your opponent until they become angry and frustrated and begin making mistakes. Dooku was losing his cool very much so in their last encounter.
Squadron 238
Naga Sadow
Inhert - Terrible Sorcerer