Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Post here if you are numb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post here if you are numb.

SirMoody's Avatar


SirMoody
07.30.2012 , 11:08 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
I don't get it. When you select the PVP tab under damage reduction do you think they're like, lying to you or something? Are you one of those guys that thinks we never landed on the moon too?

Don't be a simpleton. Are you one those guys that are blind? the Expertise Bonus you get from recruit is just about equal to or worse than the overall stats you get from similar tier PVE gear... Again... TRY IT before you direct a childish insult my way... I'm not making these things up... I've tested my own arguments time and time again, and found Recruit gear to perform just about equally to lower tier PVE gear.
SWTOR player's Logic: Anyone who doesn't have the best possible gear is a noob!

Kurfer's Avatar


Kurfer
07.30.2012 , 11:13 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
Don't be a simpleton. Are you one those guys that are blind? the Expertise Bonus you get from recruit is just about equal to or worse than the overall stats you get from similar tier PVE gear... Again... TRY IT before you direct a childish insult my way... I'm not making these things up... I've tested my own arguments time and time again, and found Recruit gear to perform just about equally to lower tier PVE gear.
Ok, let's stop kidding ourselves now too.

People mostly are not waiting until they get full campaign/rakata gear before entering a WZ. These baddies are taking the credits over the recruit set and entering the WZ with greens/blue mods. Also, to add on the argument if I do see a guy wearing full campaign gear in my WZ then I know he is probably going to get his *** rolled because he has been level 50 long enough to get full campaign before getting a single BM piece.

Someone who does nothing but PvE can't understand the pace and strategy of an opponent that doesn't fight back on a programed rotation. Yes I said it, good PvPers are going to kick your PvE ***.
Duc'atii - 65 Juggernaut | Ducat'ii - 65 Sorcerer | Ducatista - 65 Operative
---------------------------------------------------------------
Harbinger

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
07.30.2012 , 11:16 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
Don't be a simpleton. Are you one those guys that are blind? the Expertise Bonus you get from recruit is just about equal to or worse than the overall stats you get from similar tier PVE gear... Again... TRY IT before you direct a childish insult my way... I'm not making these things up... I've tested my own arguments time and time again, and found Recruit gear to perform just about equally to lower tier PVE gear.
Can you explain why you think the similar tier PvE gear is better than Recruit?

Thanks.

Rippeh's Avatar


Rippeh
07.30.2012 , 11:19 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
"come at me bro" << that tells me your age range.... lol.

But on the topic... you're argument is supposed to somehow convince people that If you don't PVP in at least Recruit then you would get owned.... So if i wore PVE gear with 0 expertise then your team would constantly zerg me and destroy me over and over... but If i wore recruit gear then i get an anti zerg buff of some kind? pff what ever, those guys in top gear will, without a doubt destroy people in recruit... but put those same guys against someone of equal skill in rakata / campaign and see how they measure up... At least try it before you respond with a childish "come at me bro" ... lol.

People are saying that you would be USELESS unless you had at least full recruit gear.. That simply is not true. Recruit gear is just as terrible as lower tier PVE gear.

People are saying that they would rather have someone in full recruit then in full Rakata... this is ridiculous.

You are saying that you would crit me for 5k if i had no expertise.... but implying that those crits would not hit me for so much damage if i wear recruit gear. Get real. Go get some of your friends and test it out and you'll see what im talking about. Your entire argument is basically stating the obvious: *Juggs and PTs in Top Gear do a lot of damage* << lol. Oh really? No one had any idea of this...

Railshot your buddy in recruit a few times and record the damage. Then rail shot that same guy in columi gear and record the damage. If there is any kind of difference it would be so minuscule that it would prove my point of expertise being overrated.
yeah, recruits are speedbumps on my road to victory. people with no expertise? that's like an ice cream stand on my road to victory.

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
07.30.2012 , 11:34 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
Don't be a simpleton. Are you one those guys that are blind? the Expertise Bonus you get from recruit is just about equal to or worse than the overall stats you get from similar tier PVE gear... Again... TRY IT before you direct a childish insult my way... I'm not making these things up... I've tested my own arguments time and time again, and found Recruit gear to perform just about equally to lower tier PVE gear.
I get that but look at what you said. "Attack two people and record your crits" - guess what, the guy without any expertise will take hits about 18% higher. Yeah, campaign/rakata gear is better than recruit gear - I don't think OP is complaining about people in full campaign gear putting out 400k damage in the warzone with 2 deaths. Or at least, the types of people that I see without any PVP gear aren't in campaign/black hole gear - they're in ridiculously bad leveling gear and get owned like they aren't even there.

And besides, since when is recruit gear "similar tier" to Rakata and Black Hole gear? You get recruit gear free for hitting level 50 once you get back to the fleet. Recruit gear is far better than Tionese and Columni.

SirMoody's Avatar


SirMoody
07.30.2012 , 11:36 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
Ok, let's stop kidding ourselves now too.

People mostly are not waiting until they get full campaign/rakata gear before entering a WZ. These baddies are taking the credits over the recruit set and entering the WZ with greens/blue mods. Also, to add on the argument if I do see a guy wearing full campaign gear in my WZ then I know he is probably going to get his *** rolled because he has been level 50 long enough to get full campaign before getting a single BM piece.

Someone who does nothing but PvE can't understand the pace and strategy of an opponent that doesn't fight back on a programed rotation. Yes I said it, good PvPers are going to kick your PvE ***.

I'm actually PVPing 80% of the time im logged on. I have 4 toons above valor 60. I too Find PVP more challenging / fun than PVE.... But that's not what we are discussing / debating. I'm mostly just stating my PoV on Expertise being over inflated. Recruit Gear is so terrible, and people are insisting that it's better than Mid to high tier PVE gear... this is not true..a couple people have even shown mathematically that recruit is not better...
SWTOR player's Logic: Anyone who doesn't have the best possible gear is a noob!

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
07.30.2012 , 11:38 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
I'm actually PVPing 80% of the time im logged on. I have 4 toons above valor 60. I too Find PVP more challenging / fun than PVE.... But that's not what we are discussing / debating. I'm mostly just stating my PoV on Expertise being over inflated. Recruit Gear is so terrible, and people are insisting that it's better than Mid to high tier PVE gear... this is not true..a couple people have even shown mathematically that recruit is not better...
Which is it? In one post you're saying recruit is worse than low end/entry end PVE gear and in this post above you're saying high end PVE gear is better. No one is questioning that the highest end PVE gear is better than recruit - that's a straw man argument. What we're saying is that, when you get recruit gear for free, it's rude to show up in worse gear than that.

Kurfer's Avatar


Kurfer
07.30.2012 , 11:41 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
I'm actually PVPing 80% of the time im logged on. I have 4 toons above valor 60. I too Find PVP more challenging / fun than PVE.... But that's not what we are discussing / debating. I'm mostly just stating my PoV on Expertise being over inflated. Recruit Gear is so terrible, and people are insisting that it's better than Mid to high tier PVE gear... this is not true..a couple people have even shown mathematically that recruit is not better...
Well I am arguing that recruit gear is not terrible.

Recruit > Columi
Battlemaster > Rakata
WH > Campaign

If you're looking at a fresh level 50, it's better to have recruit than full columi and it takes less time to get (instant). Therefore it is not "terrible". Comparing rakata/campaign to recruit is for *******, who spends all that time getting that gear instead of rolling with recruit and getting full BM in less than a week?

Now if we are talking full BM, you would have to be really silly to argue full BM is worse than full campaign. Simple progression makes it easy to get BM in a week, thus making recruit gear not terrible because it creates a free temporary set you get right at level 50 to use for a week.
Duc'atii - 65 Juggernaut | Ducat'ii - 65 Sorcerer | Ducatista - 65 Operative
---------------------------------------------------------------
Harbinger

Mancer's Avatar


Mancer
07.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
Well I am arguing that recruit gear is not terrible.

Recruit > Columi
Battlemaster > Rakata
WH > Campaign

If you're looking at a fresh level 50, it's better to have recruit than full columi and it takes less time to get (instant). Therefore it is not "terrible". Comparing rakata/campaign to recruit is for *******, who spends all that time getting that gear instead of rolling with recruit and getting full BM in less than a week?

Now if we are talking full BM, you would have to be really silly to argue full BM is worse than full campaign. Simple progression makes it easy to get BM in a week, thus making recruit gear not terrible because it creates a free temporary set you get right at level 50 to use for a week.
It's true. I have a new 50 sniper. I spent all day last Saturday PVPing and got quite few BM pieces. I would go so far as to say getting BM gear is easier/quicker than Rakata.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

SirMoody's Avatar


SirMoody
07.30.2012 , 11:50 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
I get that but look at what you said. "Attack two people and record your crits" - guess what, the guy without any expertise will take hits about 18% higher. Yeah, campaign/rakata gear is better than recruit gear - I don't think OP is complaining about people in full campaign gear putting out 400k damage in the warzone with 2 deaths. Or at least, the types of people that I see without any PVP gear aren't in campaign/black hole gear - they're in ridiculously bad leveling gear and get owned like they aren't even there.

And besides, since when is recruit gear "similar tier" to Rakata and Black Hole gear? You get recruit gear free for hitting level 50 once you get back to the fleet. Recruit gear is far better than Tionese and Columni.


hmm... I'm now positive that you misread things a lot, since you blatantly misquoted me and act like no one will notice you changing what I said to make yourself feel better.

1. "Attack two people and record your crits" << when did I say this? You see, when you use quotation marks it is generally understood that you are taking what someone else said word for word....

2. You implied that I said Recruit Gear is similar tier to Rakata and Black Hole... << again... never said this... if you have any kind of decent argument or rebuttal you shouldn't have to misquote or take what someone else said out of context.
SWTOR player's Logic: Anyone who doesn't have the best possible gear is a noob!