Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healer vs DPS

xxMemphis
07.27.2012 , 10:53 AM | #1
I have been debating if I should respec to healer. I like to heal but I also solo alot so I need to be able to deal some damage. I run with Khem and likely will do this till the end. I enjoy FP but I may as well plan on 1 a night since Group finder is not too kind to a DPS, but as a healer it is instant. So, from the experts....is a healer okay as a solo player or will I struggle. Also, is chain lightning that great? I do not see a way to be a healer and still get it. Does anyone have any good skill tree ideas to spec a healer other than just run the whole tree? I am okay with DOT stuff as well I hear they are good for battles that require me to move alot (like PVP)....thanks for the help in advance I am really enjoying the game so far!

darksidechemist
07.27.2012 , 11:42 AM | #2
Healers are very good soloing. With the heals and bubble on your companion, you can take on and kill things that others of your level couldn't. You will level more slowly, however.

xxMemphis
07.27.2012 , 01:15 PM | #3
If you do not mind me asking "slower leveling because?" would it be because it takes longer to kill someone since I am allowing Khem to do most of the killing while I heal?

Also, and good links for a skill tree to follow?

Chikun
07.30.2012 , 08:14 AM | #4
With being a healer you sacrifice dmg for survivability. Sure you kill mobs slower, but pulling "one too many" adds on accident won't launch you into a scramble. You also will be able to handle most Heroic +2 quests with mediocre gear where as with a damage spec you'll find yourself more gear dependent to accomplish the same.

Simply my observation of the class.
FEED ME