Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE] Imbalanced DPS between DDs is laughable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[PvE] Imbalanced DPS between DDs is laughable

Hxxr
07.14.2012 , 10:09 PM | #61
What I see right now is that there is a great imbalance between players, not classes.

Until now I won the race to the top in nearly all operations since we're doing NMP & HM EC, as a Merc.
There is one Lethality Sniper that's almost only 20-30 DPS behind me, a Marauder that often is the same amount ahead for Toth and Zorn and 10-15% lower for the rest of the encounters. Multiple sorcerers that are 20-40% below my damage while one is almost even at NMP (in pretty much equal gear). Another Merc that is maybe 2-5% behind. And so on ... the top DPSers are really really close and then there's some that fall behind quite a bit.

What this shows me is how punishing this game really is to not optimizing your gear, movement, rotations and using all your tools at the right moment (or not doing it). This is what makes SW:ToR so appealing, the numbers aren't ridiculously high, there is some gear customization (although it could be better to be honest) and if you really play while playing and don't watch TV or try to multitask for the 3-8 minutes you fight a boss you're rewarded with performing well.
Even in a game this just makes me happy ... not being on top but knowing that I did everything I could and that there is no room of improvement ... I dare say play your character to perfection.

So in the end - excluding Annahilation Marauders that have a too high theoretical potential - I agree that the common spec choices are balanced. There are underdogs like Pyrotech Merc that can compete and there are those specs that arn't just there yet, but each class has an option that you can spec and do well with.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Caelrie
07.28.2012 , 12:46 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwoo View Post
If ACs that can heal for example are able to push out the same damage as a pure damage class. Why bother with damage classes?

Take Sage and gunslingers for example. If a Sage can do as much damage as a Gunslinger. Why take a Gunslinger over a Sage when the Sage has the utility for an extra shield and emergency heals plus cleanse?

Thats why pure DPS classes Need to be able out damage DPS specced healers/tanks.

Sage has DPS+heals.
Gunslinger has DPS only.
Because you don't bring a DPS sage to heal. If your raid needs that healing, you already failed because then the sage stops DPSing in favor of weak, expensive heals.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
Devs have said that snipers and marauders will do more damage then the other classes, and that is how they want it. .
Back that up and link a quote, please.

Kanjir
07.28.2012 , 11:07 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Because you don't bring a DPS sage to heal. If your raid needs that healing, you already failed because then the sage stops DPSing in favor of weak, expensive heals.

Back that up and link a quote, please.
Exactly. Snipers have their utility and if they can play their class properly will out dps everyone who can't. If you want to dps, you should be able to pick ANY class and be able to do just as much dps as any other provided you can play it properly. No one should have to think "Oh damn I really want to dps on a guardian but their dps is lower so i guess i'll have to stick with a sentinel even though they don't appeal to me". That is ******** - and I bring people because of their skill rather then their class.

Gyronamics
07.29.2012 , 12:16 PM | #64
Thread is so out of date its ridiculous to continue talking about the numbers in OP.

Even though they were wrong at the time too.