Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper or Jedi Consular Story

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Trooper or Jedi Consular Story

LibertySol
07.28.2012 , 11:44 AM | #1
Which one is the least bad?

bobmcbo
07.28.2012 , 03:09 PM | #2
so far (I've only gotten as far as coruscant with each) the consulars probably have the worst story, while troopers have the the best story*

*in the republic
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!

bobmcbo
07.28.2012 , 03:12 PM | #3
summary of consular story so far: fight way into some random area. get special box. repeat for the next 10 quests.

the trooper story is hard to sum up without spoilers.
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!

DrewFromPhilly
07.28.2012 , 03:14 PM | #4
I only played trooper to lvl 30 before I shelved it, but I thought the story was boring and cheesy. I've never played consular but Jedi knight was pretty good. BH was good if you like the abilities of trooper. But best I've played so far is imperial agent.

AutoCocker
07.28.2012 , 05:22 PM | #5
Consular story is probably the worst with trooper being a small step above. If you do go trooper, go dark side. Makes the story better. Light side is pretty lame.

Toogeloo
07.29.2012 , 03:48 AM | #6
I disagree. I found the Trooper story to be fairly entertaining. If you dislike the military and all the "yes'sirs" then you will probably get annoyed with it, but that would be the only reason to dislike it. The overall story, looking past the military aspect of it, is actually really good.

The thing that makes the Trooper story better than Consular is that Trooper engages you right away. From the moment you leave Ord Mantell, you are interested in seeing where the story is going, and so it hooks you better. Consular on the other hand is a struggle to stay awake through Tython, the story is just plain dull.

I have played 7 and a half class stories too (Knight is in the middle of Act 2 and the last story for me to finish). If I were to rank them, I would say something like this:

BEST
Agent
Warrior
Knight
Trooper
Smuggler
Hunter
Inquisitor
Consular
WORST

NumberZeroX
07.29.2012 , 07:34 AM | #7
Trooper has a great story.

NumberZeroX
07.29.2012 , 07:36 AM | #8
Haven't played Consular but I've heard from a lot of people that its really bad.

Achromatis
07.29.2012 , 10:48 AM | #9
Neither is very good, but you can at least get into the Troopers story enough to enjoy the ride. Having a cute blonde with a posh accent following you around isnt terrible either, and Dorne is a 100x better character than Nadia for a love interest too. Well actually most guys who play video games would probably prefer Nadia.

Plus Troopers dont have to listen to Nolan North for 100+ hours.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data