Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel or Gunslinger?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Scoundrel or Gunslinger?

United_Strafes
06.27.2012 , 07:54 PM | #11
Depends, if you're gonna be PvP focused go scoundrel, and don't let noobs tell you gunslingers are fine in PvP because the simple fact is they're not......by a longshot.

Fuury
06.30.2012 , 03:09 PM | #12
I guess it is what you want for play style. I like playing Healers and support and I find the Scoundrel-Sawbones HEAPS more fun than my Consular or Trooper. So I am giving my input on the healer side of the Scoundrel

elliotcat
06.30.2012 , 10:16 PM | #13
I've tried a ton of classes, and I've done scoundrel and gunslinger both. I had way more fun as a scoundrel than any other class.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Pargon
07.03.2012 , 12:17 PM | #14
The common perception is that scoundrels are not as effective in operations, but that's not what I've experienced. You can put up great dps. Your big crits won't be giant like commando or gunslinger, but you've got dots running, debuffs from flechette (scrapper), etc. Plenty of damage. You won't have the sween gunslinger shield for the raid which is too bad, but you do bring off heals if something goes awry. You also have combat res and a ghetto combat res (vanish and then res out of combat), but that doesn't consistently work to count on it.

I love my scrapper and I'm part of my guild's main raiding group. Your mileage may vary based on your guild's perception of the class, though.
Chattur'gha, Narokath, Santak, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon

Larius
07.06.2012 , 03:02 PM | #15
And if you go Gunslinger, what tree is best for DPS??

Gassygunslinger
07.06.2012 , 04:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Larius View Post
And if you go Gunslinger, what tree is best for DPS??
Maple...

Kidding. Depends on what you want to do. I go with Sharpshooter. It's single target DPS. Great against bosses (especially good because I get cover), and in PvP I'm great at taking out healers. But I find that I lack the AOE to clear multiple adds in Hard Modes. At least quickly (well, I can do it once with XS Flyby, but after that I'm boned).

If you want to PVE and deal damage to multiple enemies at once (but have generally less damage against a single enemy) go Saboteur.

If you want to PvP, generally I'd say Dirty Fighting. The right-hand trees usually are geared towards PvP. Lot's of DoT's and snare-breakers. Not that Sharpshooter or Saboteur is poor for PvP mind you, but it's a different approach. Sabo isn't going to be as effective if people aren't crowded around, and Sharpshooter is most effective when ignored, and against key targets.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Joajoa
07.06.2012 , 05:07 PM | #17
Not sure why you'd want a Gunslinger,when you already didn't like Snipers.

Personally,Scoundrels are the most fun class in the game.I would say they don't make a good "DPS" slot for an elitiist 8-man OPS,but they are good everywhere else.If you want to PVP,get a Scoundrel to around level 30ish (they aren't that good before that) .Once you get level 40 and Flechette Round (Scrapper line Capstone) you'll see why so many ppl like their Scoundrels,despite all the nerfs.

Don't worry about not getting into OPS at 50.Just switch to healing(which is in demand),do your OPS for a week,then switch back to Scrapper.It won't hurt you to pvp a little as a healer for a week,just so you understand their strategy so you can hunt them easier.

There's a lot of misinformation about Scoundrels in general,but if you talk in-game most level 50 Scoundrels will tell you the class rocks.

Cosmic_Forge
07.06.2012 , 07:36 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by IamScarap View Post
Anyone who thinks Scrapper DPS is irrelevant is foolish. They're still incredibly powerful, I can gank people who out gear me on my Scoundrel frequently, and only lose some fights to gear. While "ganking" people isn't considered team playing, my own scoundrel has still managed to top charts without being in combat 100% of the time. If you didn't like Sniper, try scoundrel. They're a lot of fun.
Idk. Ganking is very useful in pvp if you're gunning for key enemies, like healers. Scrap/ops can really put the pressure on they enemy team with all the disruptions, snares, stuns, k/ds, and DMg.

But I'll agree, this spec on both sides seems to be the most gear dependent, sad to say.

roboteel
07.28.2012 , 09:37 PM | #19
Well if you ask me, Scoundrel gets you to pull off an move that has you kicking a Sith Lord in the nuts

Chuck Norris would be a Scoundrel and kick every Sith Lord ***