Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arsenal Mercenary Guide: 1.3 Updated!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Arsenal Mercenary Guide: 1.3 Updated!

crazyBE's Avatar


crazyBE
07.27.2012 , 12:11 PM | #11
I find the lack of Fusion Missile in the guide disturbing
Power Surge + Thermal Sensor Override + Fusion Missile does some amazing things.

I also prefer using Rail Shot whenever I need to gain heat aside from only using it with 5 stacks.

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
07.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SokoBro View Post
Well run few simulations maybe you'll understand. http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft-swtor/
Considering im already hitting 1800-1900 parses on dummies I really dont think I need to waste my time with that.

SokoBro's Avatar


SokoBro
07.27.2012 , 02:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
Considering im already hitting 1800-1900 parses on dummies I really dont think I need to waste my time with that.
yet no fission missile.... idk buddy u just may be to elite for me..... and yes im also hitting 1800dps on dummies whats ur point?

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
07.27.2012 , 08:25 PM | #14
This is getting out of hand. If you're wasting your time with Fusion Missile you're doing it wrong. If you want to use FM, you do not use Power Surge with it. You go into a TSO+FM then afterwards, a Power Surge+Tracer Missile and most likely Unload since it nearly procs everytime after that.

Anyways, if you don't like the guide- don't follow it. It is that simple. I have posted parses in the past that trump nearly everyone elses in comparison. That is why I made a guide because people kept asking me what I was doing.

I wouldn't be in a top world guild if I were incompetent. I also wouldn't help lead the guild if I were incompetent. I know a few things, but that doesn't mean I know everything. Wisdom is learning to accept that you don't know everything and that anyone has the capability to teach you a thing or two. There have been numerous times people have pointed out I was an idiot and I accepted it- because their reasoning was superior to mine. That being said, you can't just assume you're doing everything right. You have nothing to base those ideas off of other than the fact that you don't want to hurt your own ego.

I continue to strive to be the leading Mercenary and provide others with the other information to get them to that point. Its easy for me to throw gear around places for testing since I have been clearing HM EC + Nightmare Pilgrim in under 2 hours since April.

Again, if you disagree with information- please be specific on that information and post why it is wrong. Don't just accuse me of being wrong and linking SimCraft as if it is the end all be all. Simulators are just that... a simulator. It attempts to represent a real life situation or act. They are prone to errors just like everything else. It is not just something to throw around as a definitive answer.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

SokoBro's Avatar


SokoBro
07.27.2012 , 10:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
This is getting out of hand. If you're wasting your time with Fusion Missile you're doing it wrong. If you want to use FM, you do not use Power Surge with it. You go into a TSO+FM then afterwards, a Power Surge+Tracer Missile and most likely Unload since it nearly procs everytime after that.

Anyways, if you don't like the guide- don't follow it. It is that simple. I have posted parses in the past that trump nearly everyone elses in comparison. That is why I made a guide because people kept asking me what I was doing.

I wouldn't be in a top world guild if I were incompetent. I also wouldn't help lead the guild if I were incompetent. I know a few things, but that doesn't mean I know everything. Wisdom is learning to accept that you don't know everything and that anyone has the capability to teach you a thing or two. There have been numerous times people have pointed out I was an idiot and I accepted it- because their reasoning was superior to mine. That being said, you can't just assume you're doing everything right. You have nothing to base those ideas off of other than the fact that you don't want to hurt your own ego.

I continue to strive to be the leading Mercenary and provide others with the other information to get them to that point. Its easy for me to throw gear around places for testing since I have been clearing HM EC + Nightmare Pilgrim in under 2 hours since April.

Again, if you disagree with information- please be specific on that information and post why it is wrong. Don't just accuse me of being wrong and linking SimCraft as if it is the end all be all. Simulators are just that... a simulator. It attempts to represent a real life situation or act. They are prone to errors just like everything else. It is not just something to throw around as a definitive answer.
I said it was a good start, i never said ur wrong i said the other guy was wrong.....

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
07.27.2012 , 11:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SokoBro View Post
I said it was a good start, i never said ur wrong i said the other guy was wrong.....
How was I wrong? I never even mentioned anything about fusion missle

Your just sitting there telling me that I need to run simcrafts in order to understand arsenal DPS without giving me any real reasons as to WHY I need to do that. You dont even know what my gear or rotations are based on this thread. Not trying to hijack your thread aerro just dont understand what this guy is talking about >.<

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
07.28.2012 , 07:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SokoBro View Post
I said it was a good start, i never said ur wrong i said the other guy was wrong.....
I fully understand that, but I was saying I don't want to see arguing among one another. The Mercenary community is one of the best communities and I want to keep it that way. If you see someone following the wrong path, redirect them with helpful advice and information. My entire point was that you can't throw SimCraft down someones throat as any justifiable reason.

Neither person is right or wrong, both are at fault for poking one another back and forth. Lets just stop it now that you have it out of your systems

Also, my guide should *hopefully* hit 60,000 today but we shall see! I mean, that many hits and not any backlash seems like a good thing.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

SokoBro's Avatar


SokoBro
07.28.2012 , 10:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
How was I wrong? I never even mentioned anything about fusion missle

Your just sitting there telling me that I need to run simcrafts in order to understand arsenal DPS without giving me any real reasons as to WHY I need to do that. You dont even know what my gear or rotations are based on this thread. Not trying to hijack your thread aerro just dont understand what this guy is talking about >.<
kid u started it look at ur first post..... maybe one day ull look back and understand but i doubt it.....

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
07.29.2012 , 01:05 AM | #19
Would you recommend using Fusion Missile at all, then, or should I save my TSO for Heatseeker and use PS on Tracer Missile?

Also, out of curiousity, do you know what your DPS on the Fabricator in Nightmare KP is? Since making some adjustments that's where I've hit my highest DPS thus far and I'd like to see how I compare.

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
07.29.2012 , 02:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Would you recommend using Fusion Missile at all, then, or should I save my TSO for Heatseeker and use PS on Tracer Missile?

Also, out of curiousity, do you know what your DPS on the Fabricator in Nightmare KP is? Since making some adjustments that's where I've hit my highest DPS thus far and I'd like to see how I compare.
Whenever I am stuck doing Frabricator in NiM KP... I am forced to just do the puzzle. The only DPS time I get is when I light him on fire. Heck, lastnight was my first time in NiM KP in MONTHS since there has been no need for me to do it, even for comms. I barely had any room to go and DPS since no one else wanted to do the puzzle.

Also for Fusion Missile, I do recommend it. However, ONLY use it with TSO. Right after the cast, your GCD will be up on TM so you can throw a PS Tracer Missile and then continue your rotation. It is situational. Sometimes I would find myself not using it due to large amounts of movement when I would much rather have a free HSM to continue my DPS.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.