Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zorn and Toth, and Foreman Crusher

LuesHougan
07.27.2012 , 03:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zeshakha View Post
I heal Toth and Zorn (HM) by standing with the melee. The only time you really need to worry about getting away is during the berserk jump, other than that it isn't that difficult to heal. You avoid the first jump by not running in until after he has done it, and then you get hurt by every one after that.

I've healed it on both my sage and scoundrel, and someone above said they did it on a commando (merc) so it isn't class specific.

No idea how to help you on the circles.
Yes, I think standing with the melee might be the way to go here if we can't get better positioning. That way I can benefit from the rev I drop on the melee group. Do you find that you have to use whatever the equivalent of consumption is as a sage much during this fight? I find myself running very low on force when we get to about the 30% mark in the fight.

Quote:
But on a side note, healing shouldnt be much of an issue in this fight, and if it is you will have problems later on in the instance where there are more heal intensive fights.
I have healed the tanks on HM before and felt that it was a lot easier as healer. Never been farther than that on HM though. I think part of the problem during the first fight is that our ranged DPS is getting damage during the jump phase because the transitions of our tanks are too slow. Every time they jump I find myself forced to spam Dark Infusions on pretty much everyone. The other sorc healer we bring agrees with me on this point.

zeshakha
07.27.2012 , 03:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LuesHougan View Post
Yes, I think standing with the melee might be the way to go here if we can't get better positioning. That way I can benefit from the rev I drop on the melee group. Do you find that you have to use whatever the equivalent of consumption is as a sage much during this fight? I find myself running very low on force when we get to about the 30% mark in the fight.
I use noble sacrifice constantly and it really isn't an issue if you know when the damage is going to come. Throw bubbles up on the melee when he's about to go berserk, run away from the melee when the red circle phase happens so that you rarely get circles and can heal most of that time, and most importantly make sure your other healer (and you if it gets on your side) cleanses the mental anguish from Zorn. That will save a lot of healing if it isn't already being done.
Jung Ma <Night's Radiance>
Hirse- Sage healer | Zeshakha- Vanguard tank
Joleer- Scoundrel healer | Ortamek- Sentinel
Zaia- Shadow tank

Khevar
07.27.2012 , 03:23 PM | #13
As far as getting out of circles, I found that running and jumping out seems preferable to just running out.

There was a period of time where Vokk's circles (HM Esseles) were tuned tighter and I was getting hit even when running away immediately -- but if I ran and jumped out I took no damage. As a habit from that, on any ground-circle based damage I run/jump out always. I don't know if it's really necessary but it seems to work for me.

CitizenFry
07.27.2012 , 03:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LuesHougan View Post
Where the tanks stand when on Toth I am standing 29m away from them, basically as far as I can go before my heals are out of range, But when I tab target to the boss I am usually only 20 or so meters from him. Is Toth really so big that he takes up 10m of space between the tank and me? Or am I positioning myself wrong.
To answer the question: yes, the models for these bosses are pretty huge, they are in fact ~5m radius (~10m diameter). The good news for DPS is that AOEs like Toth's stomp appear to be measured from the center of the boss, while the range to return fire is measured to the boss's edge. That doesn't help you as a healer though if the tank is on the far side :/

For Zorn and Toth, I recommend setting up perpendicular to the tank, rather than trying to be in front or behind the tank, just due to the fight's geometry.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Aurojiin
07.27.2012 , 05:35 PM | #15
For Sage/Sorc healers: it is possible for the tank to position such that he's closer to you than Toth, keeping you out of smashes; in my experience, this requires an awful lot of positioning and isn't really work it in practice. YMMV.

I will say this though: a sage/sorc should have no trouble healing all damage regardless of where they stand. Personally I prefer to stand at range so I can step back to avoid Toth's berserk smash, which melee DPS should get out of (or be prepared to pop significant CDs for).