Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Thread Blog Discussion: July 27th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Thread Blog Discussion: July 27th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
07.27.2012 , 01:44 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Staavis_SC
07.27.2012 , 03:23 PM | #2
Would have really liked to see an answer regarding the "Match to Compaion Chest" feature, plus some of the other questions that people asked regarding armor / vanity issues.

Maybe next time.

Regardless, thans for taking the time to answer a handful of questions.
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

kmufc
07.27.2012 , 03:24 PM | #3
Fix the server lag BW, its not all our machines!!!!!

Izorii
07.27.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
I do wonder if even the people who get their questions answered are disapointed with the info we get. I guess its better than nothing and I ask every week cuz I assume that even if my question is not answered hopefully someone has read it.

Vegabond
07.27.2012 , 03:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
I do wonder if even the people who get their questions answered are disapointed with the info we get. I guess its better than nothing and I ask every week cuz I assume that even if my question is not answered hopefully someone has read it.
At least its not the monthly "Where is my hood toggle"

Staavis_SC
07.27.2012 , 03:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
When Cryptic does their "Ask Cryptic" stuff, they answer like 50 questions. However it's done only once a month.

I wouldn't want to wait a month between Q & A posts, but it might be nice if we had a few more questions answered. Like 10 or 12. On a wider variety of topics.
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

Staavis_SC
07.27.2012 , 03:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
At least its not the monthly "Where is my hood toggle"
GRRRR

I want to know where my hood toggle is!

ZionHalcyon
07.27.2012 , 03:39 PM | #8
Oh look, another Q & A, another Friday of dodging any forward-looking questions.

Face it, ever since the layoffs, the communication come from Bioware/EA has been bantha poodoo.

Usually by now, we'd be teased by whats coming next - however, since the reveal for the upcoming year (which happened, by the way, BEFORE the layoffs), we've gotten jack squat in terms of any forward-looking information - at best just some rehashed empty platitudes about maintining the quality of the game with no real substance to back up those statements, or at worst, total silence and the refusal to engage in ANY forward-moving discussion.

What makes it suck the most is that this expectation isn't unreasonable - its the expectation Bioware originally set for THEMSELVES. Those of us complaining are merely holding them to THEIR original standards, how other MMO's do it be damned.

I think a lot of us would be a lot more patient if they trusted us enough to say "hey, we're reorganizing the office in Bioware, so everything is going to be delayed by 6 months" - we might not like it, but at least it would be honest.

But the only conclusion a logical person can come to is they don't give a damn about the game - EA only cares about the stockholders, which is the only group who could take such a statement in a negative light and without understanding.

To that end, EA is a bunch of idiots for buying up Bioware and driving a great company into the ground, especially when you let MARKETING call the shots for a dev company - see exit interviews from bioware employees on glassdoor.com to see what I mean.

The whole thing is beyond frustrating, and seeing these softball Q & As week after week is just another reminder of it, when prior to the layoffs you would get some forward-looking questions put into the Q&A week in and week out.

Ugh, what a mess.

Aus_Jedi
07.27.2012 , 03:52 PM | #9
I also agree that the Q&A and communication for the past month have been poor. It almost feels like that is no longer a care factor.

Also you have increase your server stability by 99.97% - but you haven't address the server lag spikes nor the problems a lot of Aussies are currently having to get connected to the Aussie Servers.

Barrgil
07.27.2012 , 03:53 PM | #10
What is this?

3 weeks straight Q&A with no questions or answers about the future of this game at all. The only thing that's been up is a stupid companion that's coming in who knows how long. These aren't even questions worth answering, and the questions that should be answered for 3 weeks have been ignored.

I really have to say I cannot see a future for this game at this point if it keeps going like this. I love this game, subbed for 6 months and stayed subbed because I was waiting to see what would happen. I've seen it go through horrendous times and to be honest it's getting way worse. Worthless Q&As and no communication at all is just a start, beta bugs and lag issues are still there and have been there since day 1. Why are you guys answering lore questions when there are 6-7 other pages of questions asking about hood toggles and chat bubbles, or questions about PvP? This is ridiculous, the stuff you answered aren't even good. I don't care about the lore of pillars, just give us some insight on how this game is going to succeed for the next few months.
KÓra - Deception Assassin
Bargil - Hybrid Sorcerer
DARKHOUND - Hyperspace Cannon | Dara Mactire - The Crucible Pits