Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

Goldenstar
07.26.2012 , 04:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Soltrooper View Post
What about Bracers/Belts? Are they empty shells or the actual item (as they are pieces with no mods)
Good question! Campaign belts + bracers can Be RE'd for a schematic that will allow you to craft an item identical to the one you would be able to buy from the vendor (i.e. full stats but not moddable). I'll update the main post now to make that more clear!
Vent Rage [vR]

ShadowCX
07.27.2012 , 04:56 AM | #22
Just a quick question on the foci/implants/relics etc. Are they BoP when crafted or BoE?

Rhaphael
07.27.2012 , 05:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowCX View Post
Just a quick question on the foci/implants/relics etc. Are they BoP when crafted or BoE?
Everything is BoE when crafted. The only exception seems to be the Rakata recipes bought from the trainer and general Tionese stuff.

Delaoron
07.27.2012 , 06:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post

Yes, artificers can reverse BH foci + generators for a schematic.
I get a "Research not available" when I want to RE my Black Hole Offhand with my Shadow artificier.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...072714190.jpg/
The Stellaro Legacy on Jar'Kai Sword // Guild: Jen'jidai
Delaoron - Commando Eteral - Shadow Kyola - Gunslinger Seviem - Sage
Ody - Guardian Fez - Scoundrel Quenda - Vanguard Shosha - Sentinel
Wolfe - Sniper Xuun - Sorcerer Ardjor - Marauder Rendor - Powertech

Goldenstar
07.27.2012 , 08:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Delaoron View Post
I get a "Research not available" when I want to RE my Black Hole Offhand with my Shadow artificier.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...072714190.jpg/
Mhm, as the main post shows only campaign offhands can be reversed. Except for Earpieces and Implants, no BH shells/offhands can be reversed.
Vent Rage [vR]

Gronkaarr
07.27.2012 , 09:52 AM | #26
can someone explain the 3 grades of Black Hole earpiece? I only see one grade available at the BH vendor. do I need to purchase the grade 1 earpiece and RE it to get the schematic for a grade 2 earpiece?

Delaoron
07.27.2012 , 10:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gronkaarr View Post
can someone explain the 3 grades of Black Hole earpiece? I only see one grade available at the BH vendor. do I need to purchase the grade 1 earpiece and RE it to get the schematic for a grade 2 earpiece?
The others are Denova Storymode Kephess and HM drops. They are equally strong, just the stats are differently assigned. Sometimes MK-1 is better than MK-2 or 3 due to less Endurance for a DD etc.
The Stellaro Legacy on Jar'Kai Sword // Guild: Jen'jidai
Delaoron - Commando Eteral - Shadow Kyola - Gunslinger Seviem - Sage
Ody - Guardian Fez - Scoundrel Quenda - Vanguard Shosha - Sentinel
Wolfe - Sniper Xuun - Sorcerer Ardjor - Marauder Rendor - Powertech

Retrogression
07.28.2012 , 12:50 PM | #28
this cleared up a bunch of questions i had for my end game artificer. thanks a ton!

Goldenstar
07.30.2012 , 02:30 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gronkaarr View Post
As another psoter mentioned, Mk-1 come from vendors while Mk-2 and Mk-3 come from SM/HM EC. They has the same totaly number of stat points, but are distributed differently into different stats. Sometimes the Mk-1 will be better than the Mk-2 or Mk-3 b/c it has less endurance or less surge or less accuracy. Deciding which one is best depends on your spec and how many points you already have in other stats.

Quote: Originally Posted by Retrogression View Post
this cleared up a bunch of questions i had for my end game artificer. thanks a ton!
Glad to hear it!
Vent Rage [vR]

Xionaryon
07.30.2012 , 07:45 AM | #30
Great post OP, kudos for taking the time to actually write this out as I have had many arguments on my server with people about this. Now I have a forum post to refer them to when the doubt me :-)