Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SM Denova difficulty

Sinemetu
07.26.2012 , 09:20 PM | #1
The other day, on my tankassin, I was told my gear wasn't good enough for Denova. I thought that was a little strange since I've successfully tanked HM EV, and my gear is all Columi or better (with three Rakata, three BM, and two BH pieces). I was told that SM Denova is "significantly harder" than HM EV. I'm just wondering if that's true, and if so, what gear level do I need?

Also, what drops there?
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

alifaraaz
07.26.2012 , 09:36 PM | #2
Rakata drops.there along with Black Hole comms. Some might say its roughly closer the Nightmare EV or KP.

Personally, I disagree. It's all about mechanics. If all the.mechanics are carried out correctly the actual dps required and damage taken by the tanks is not very tough, and I would say it is harder than EV hm but not significantly.

As for your gear, a bit more detail would be good, but.its doable in full columi, and the rakata and black hole pieces are a bonus. However battlemaster gear isn't as good as.columi overall, so replace them.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Aurojiin
07.26.2012 , 10:14 PM | #3
EC is definitely much more demanding mechanically than EV. Story mode, however, is not at all a gear check.

What we have here is probably a group of players who lack the skill to clear SM EC and need to outgear it.

KostonxEld
07.26.2012 , 11:27 PM | #4
Yes it it. Get rid of your battle master gear first and get some more pve stuff. a few more dailys for rakata and bm comms some bm gear and you are there.
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

NotRonin
07.26.2012 , 11:28 PM | #5
For storymode EC, 21k hp, 25% def, ~40% shield and ~40 absorb should be fine for a Sith Assassin.

gamerpaul
07.26.2012 , 11:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
Yes it it. Get rid of your battle master gear first and get some more pve stuff. a few more dailys for rakata and bm comms some bm gear and you are there.
If the bm he has on is just relics then that's fine.

Aurojiin
07.26.2012 , 11:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
So let's get this straight:

1. A Rakata/Battlemaster/Black Hole mix is not sufficient for lolStory EC?

2. To rectify this, he should run dailies for fictional Rakata comms and get some BM (Battlemaster?) gear.

No.

Hxxr
07.27.2012 , 12:01 AM | #8
As a tank your gear limit depends on the healers gear and your and their ability to use cooldowns.
Fully min/maxed healers and you might just be able to drag a Tionese geared tank through the instance - except that he might not be able to tank Kephess or hold aggro reliably.

Anyway ... the Rakata gear dropping in SM Denova is more of a 'fill the gaps in your gear' kind of thing. Just Columi or worse on all 8 people and you'll wipe a lot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Fossman
07.27.2012 , 12:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
For storymode EC, 21k hp, 25% def, ~40% shield and ~40 absorb should be fine for a Sith Assassin.
This.

Possibly less than this if the rest of the group (mainly the healers) are up to par and everyone knows the mechanics of every fight.

ArchangelLBC
07.27.2012 , 02:15 AM | #10
As someone else said, SM Denova is much harder than HM EV or KP but mostly from a mechanics perspective than from a gear check perspective.

The more people in columi the harder though.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd