Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How bout tuning down Hammer station lvl 17?

Feztonio
07.26.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1
at this level the gear is terrible, we don't have the majority of our abilities and only a few skill points.... the final boss has high damage, high armor and 3 or 4 different movement mechanics. the only time it goes flawless is when its' a guild run in vent and we're all twinked, or if there's at least one toon in the mid 20's - preferably a tank or healer.

having to outlevel an instance shouldn't be part of the mechanics of the instance.

yes i get it, some of you can solo nyghtmare mode's at lvl 1 with nothing but grey gear because you're leet and can L2P and you're pro, we're noobs and any other stupid internet trash talk and self gloss you can come up with.

for the rest of us, it's a bit off-putting as at lvl 16 through 20 we are in fact learning 2 play our toons and tanks don't have taunts in many cases, and healers don't have all their heals.. either tune it down a tad.. maybe take out one of the boss aoe's, or increase their timers, maybe spawn only one add, or make his armor not so awsome. i don't care. failing repeatedly with different /LFG's shouldn't be 'the way' an instance is until i hit 25 and then can then go through and faceroll
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

CitizenFry
07.26.2012 , 01:14 PM | #2
I was surprised to actually fail the boss fight of this flashpoint when testing the Groupfinder on the PTS. You're right that there are some mechanics to pay attention to, but most of them are pretty simple:

1. Kill adds when they show up. (Knockbacks are great for this!)
2. Don't stand in circles.
3. Avoid Sweeping Gunfire. You probably don't have your interrupt yet, but you can also avoid the damage from this by moving out of the way(!). This is the key mechanic that I wasn't previously aware of, and it can really make or break a "correct level" group's attempt.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Powerrmongerr
07.26.2012 , 01:32 PM | #3
Hey, talk about a small world. We were just discussing this in-guild a few days ago. Myself (level 17 powertech sorta-tank-but-few-tank-abilities) in inheritance and birthright gear along with well augmented oranges and a level 20 operative healer who was similarly alt-geared for fast progression got facerolled by the boss twice. This is with two companions that were well geared and had huge presence boosts that put them above 3500 health.

Okay, whatever. We pulled in a level 18 juggernaut and a level 19 merc. Two more defeats, with the boss getting down to the 20-30 percent. ***? We're knocking/burning adds, I'm trying to tank with no aoe taunt, etc. One of us finally came in with a main. IIRC, none of us had an interrupt yet. Considering we can clear most of EC HM and I run Lost Island every week, I'd like to think that the fight's mechanics weren't unmanageable for us. We started calling the boss "Baby Denova" as a joke. Looking way back at my first time in this flashpoint, I think I got stuck at the main boss repeatedly as well until I outleveled it.

When run at its intended level Hammer Station is shockingly difficult.

Aetou
07.26.2012 , 03:40 PM | #4
I've run this three times in different pugs on a L16-17 Commando. First time went badly and people quit after the first wipe. Second group cleared it first time (had a commando & 2 scoundrels, so lots of healing.) Third group wiped once then cleared it when people paid more attention to not standing in bad stuff (I was the only person with a heal that time.) Is it harder than most of the HM 50 FPs? Yes. It's far from impossible though and I really don't see how a non-pug group with a decent grasp of the mechanics could have any issues... just don't stand in the red circles or in front of the boss...

Anysao
07.26.2012 , 03:57 PM | #5
My friend and I (both 50s) duo'd Battle of Ilum and False emperor as relatively new 50s. (my second 50, his first, but I retired the other one). We later decided that level 50 was a little slow, (don't get me wrong, Ops are a lot of fun, but getting gear takes awhile) so we made some Alts. I am a guardian tank, he is a commando DPS, and we decided the other side will be fun. He made a power tech, I made a Sith Marauder. I decided to stop the marauder, and try an Operative. I loved it. (the Op is level 44 now)
So, my Operative and his PowerTech strolled into Hammer station, with our shiny cyber tech grenades, his mako heals, and my Kolto injections. First boss went down hard, he did most of the damage, while I shot down explosive droids, and kept Kaliyo busy, second boss was a little more tricky, but I did a 1-minute stun on the medic, so we managed to tank them down. Then came the overseer...
He was very hard. I'm not even sure if we beat him. But, I learned his mechanic, almost ALL of his abilities are AoEs. His "sweeping gunfire" is also just an AoE. Even if you don't see a circle, and even if the blaster fire doesn't hit you; MOVE. The big PowerTech oof didn't move at all, really. And I was lethality spec, not healing spec, so I couldn't help him. The battle was lost.
If you are too lazy to read my story, here is the short version: kill the reinforcements he summons, make sure you have a healer (even if it is a companion), and DONT STOP MOVING.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

AshlaBoga
07.26.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
How about tunning it up?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

legionof
07.26.2012 , 04:17 PM | #7
I would raise this point for those having difficultly with the last boss. The sweeping gunfire aoe centers on whoever has aggro at the start of the cast and is a big cone. If the tank initiates and can maintain aggro it is possible to turn the boss so only hit the tank is within the cone. It much the same thing as turning the turrets of stormcaller and firebrand in EC.

What i tend to do at level for the fight is have the tank go to the right of the console while the other party members go left. This way you have party members near both add spawn points as well more room to avoid the red circle bombs and keep the gunfire aoe on one person.

Fighting the boss straight on form the corridor is a death sentence because the gunfire cone covers the entire hallway at 20-30m from the boss. guess where most people stop and hang out during a boss fight.

Cheers all and hope i helped.

grallmate
07.26.2012 , 05:07 PM | #8
Yeah this fight is pretty easy if the tank turns the boss around and tanks with his back to that panel. DPS should stand opposite the tank. DPS also need to move out of the red circles and depending on the tank, AoE the adds to keep them off the healer. He does have a knockback so making sure you are in front of that console is really important.

In terms of interupts: this boss (like almost all others) is immune to interupts. The only issue I can see is not having an AoE taunt for the adds, but I'd say thats more of an issue with the first droid than this guy.

What you (should) learn from this boss is that the tank needs to keep mobs facing away from the group and the DPS need to NOT stand next to the tank and keep out of the red circles. It's a pretty easy fight if you can do those things but as bad as EC if you can't.

Ancaglon
07.27.2012 , 05:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by legionof View Post
I would raise this point for those having difficultly with the last boss. The sweeping gunfire aoe centers on whoever has aggro at the start of the cast and is a big cone. If the tank initiates and can maintain aggro it is possible to turn the boss so only hit the tank is within the cone. It much the same thing as turning the turrets of stormcaller and firebrand in EC.

What i tend to do at level for the fight is have the tank go to the right of the console while the other party members go left. This way you have party members near both add spawn points as well more room to avoid the red circle bombs and keep the gunfire aoe on one person.

Fighting the boss straight on form the corridor is a death sentence because the gunfire cone covers the entire hallway at 20-30m from the boss. guess where most people stop and hang out during a boss fight.

Cheers all and hope i helped.
Perfect summary. I have recently levelled 2 characters through this level range. On my Powertech Tank, I did exactly this, and typically standing at the console I can either use a DFA or other attacks to grab the aggro on the adds, and the sweeping gunfire is always aimed at me, the healer and DPS only have to worry about the stuff on the ground. Success rate has been 90% or better (although attempting to use Mako as healer really doesn't work, she stands in the red circles and takes a tonne of damage).

With my Sniper, however, tanks have tried to do all sorts of bizarre things, and usually ignore my advice about standing with their back to the console -- result, lots of wipes and ragequits from them.

SalBasss
07.27.2012 , 08:27 AM | #10
He is fairly easy if turned away from the group. Please don't change this fight - it's one of the only remotely challenging parts of 1-40 gameplay. As examples, Athiss and Cademimu final fights are fun, but so so easy unless you have absolutely no idea to stay away from the fireballs/rockets.

And I'm using challenging pretty liberally in this case.