Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm announcing my retirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm announcing my retirement.

Helig's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:03 PM | #31
Can I have your stuff?

I play several classes at 50. Not because of FOTM rerolls, but because I like to have a fist-hand, objective picture of game balance. It's not nearly as bad as many tunnel-visioned mouth-breathers claim. My Sage alt is augmented BM Seer\TK hybrid, and I enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy playing my half-WH Marauder.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Pistols's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:06 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by mangarrage View Post
LOL so funny to see PT trying to defend themselves. Go look at the vid of the pyro who only used 3 abilities in a wz and did 586k or something lol

3 keys man, sure you can use 4, sure you can say you use 10, it doesnt matter at all

Wow and some one actually used adrenals as a key a PT uses? cmon man
Yes, because damage > anything else that matters in PvP.

See, it's simpleton thinking like this, that makes me smile at the amount of bads that play this game.

When you get to be good at Rated PvP, or even remotely noticed, you will notice that damage literally isn't the stat that seperates good teams from bad teams.

TheronFett's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:07 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
...because I like to have a fist-hand, objective picture of game balance. It's not nearly as bad as many tunnel-visioned mouth-breathers claim...
Amen, brother. People need to L2P instead of channeling Force Whine on the forums about how OP everyone else is.

Keypek's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:07 PM | #34
All I see is a guy complaining about his class sucking yet posts pictures showing that his class was always top 3 in damage and avoided getting killed more then the rest of the majority of his team. Sorry you can't be number 1 every game.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands
FREE play time and loot by clicking>>

Pistols's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:09 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Amen, brother. People need to L2P instead of channeling Force Whine on the forums about how OP everyone else is.
^ This.

TheronFett's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Sorry you can't be number 1 every game.
Well, except for PT/Vanguard. We can push 1 button and it kills people in warzones on another server.

SinnedWill's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:16 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
Please tell me then how many keys a pyro PT needs to be effective? Let me see how many I can name:

Rocket punch
Auto shot
Explosive dart/ thermal detonator
Flame Burst
all others can be "clicked" and you can still kill people pretty effectively. So, sorry they need 6 keys not 5.
PT's use quite a few keys. TD-> IM -> railshot -> flame burst -> rail shot = optimal burst cycle, yes, and it's only 4 keybinds. Then, there's rocket punch (which more often than not gets thrown in after a flame burst that doesn't proc PPA, targeted taunt, AoE taunt, carbonize, electro dart, grapple, vent heat (doesn't get used nearly as often by the best pyro PT's unless they're heavily focusing on big burst), explosive fuel (used pretty much every CD), thermal sensor override (also used every cooldown), stealth scan (quite often, honestly), quell (gotta' intterupt, and though it is limited to melee range, we can talent it to the shortest possible cd time - tied with annihilation marauder), flame thrower (even if pyro it still gets used when there are at least 3 clustered enemies), rapid shots, unload (better than rapid shots), Death From Above (another ability best used against custered foes, but we can use this one from range), determination (stun-break), energy shield (with my build, I get to use it every ~50s on average, so I have it on an easy keybind instead of clicking it), and then there's Kolto Overload (I don't have it talented to reduce its CD, so yes, I do click it - and it's much better than most people describe)... and then there's flame sweep... which although I have it located somewhere for me to click on (only use it when enemies swarm doors in VS attempting to disarm a planted bomb - albeit, when I'm AP specced, I use it effectively as a "pre-cast" to get a full stack of prototype flamethrower).

Now, I'm not saying Pyro/Assault PT/VG is fine... it certainly is broken (mostly CGC DoT procs without an internal cooldown compounded by the fact that CGC is stronger than long-duration DoT's yet it only lasts 6s, which makes it deal bursty DoT damage and nigh impossible to manage via "dispels" since it's short and can get reapplied instantly). PT/VG dps is a bit too much, but I think a change to CGC to reduce its damage and giving it an internal cooldown on how often it applies will help balance it out (as it is right now, CGC has no internal cooldown on application, so if you flame burst a target that is being guarded, you are applying a CGC DoT/slow debuff to both the target AND the tank that is guarding them).

Lastly, PT's aren't too terribly hard to kill. They're weak against DoT's, slows, roots, stun-locks, and all classes with high armor penetration abilities/capabilities - not to mention FF drops them in the same amount of time compared to most classes - exceptions being Assassins/Shadows, Juggs/Guardians, Ops/Scounds, and Maras/Sents (assuming these classes are allowed to pop their defensive cooldowns).
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

foxmob's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:16 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
While I don't think anyone takes your "retirement" announcement as anything other than QQ; I too am growing tired of seeing 4-5 PT/vanguards in almost every warzone. The problem with patch 1.2-1.3 is that the hardest classes to play in pvp also tend to be the weakest. PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most. Pretty sad that a tick of combustive gas cylinder hits me for 1200 damage (I have 1332 exp) and my backstab non-crit hits someone for around the same pretty frequently.
6 hot keys.
hs, ir, as, ip, ss, hib (no particular order)

in all seriousness, though, they are ridiculously easy to play. I don't mean just easy in terms of # of buttons, but everything they do is instant. they don't have to work to churn out high numbers. they can't be kited (see instants). the only decisions to be made are when to use dcd's and stuns/harpoon (resolve).
JC -- Harb -- TEH

dtebuev's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:21 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
This is nothing but QQ.

Play another classes. See how very surviveable (not) you are as a sniper.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

BTW, Sorcs totally anihilate snipers dude.
So when you say play another class... you admit that sorc/sage are underpowered??

Master_Nate's Avatar

07.26.2012 , 12:21 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
but because I like to have a fist-hand, objective picture of game balance. It's not nearly as bad as many tunnel-visioned mouth-breathers claim.

People can say I'm rolling a FOTM class because I am branching out towards a Vanguard, hell maybe I am. However, I have a few 50s and don't plan on my Vanguard being my last toon. If I have to fight them, then I want to know what they have to offer., thus I made one....I don't see why that is a problem to everyone not playing one but what do I care really? Call them easy if you'd like, no one cares. That will not prevent people from making them and won't change anything so be mad and keep the complaints coming. Not to the poster I am quoting but to people in general.

And I wanted to say I am confused on this post as well. Your pictures you link show you doing very well imo. I get that you lack the survivability of other classes, but I find the post and then your pics contradicting. Sounds to me, and maybe it's only me, that you want to be on top again and not on equal playing level or even a little under the curve as it's not how it always has been. I play a sorc healer myself and know all about the low survivability rate, so please don't expect that I know nothing about what you are talking about.

Just wondering if you que alone or que with friends or how your setup is? And don't give me that, "why does that matter, I should be able to que solo" etc, because I agree you should. But don't expect your team to help peel aggro off you as they don't know you and don't care about you lol. You seem to be putting out really nice damage, thus you are targeted since you are a light armor wearing character. This is frustrating yes, but I don't think it should be a quitting factor. Regardless, I'm not here to lecture or tell you things will get better, because I really don't know. I just don't find the complaints as valid as you because I play a similar character, don't experience these issues with groups and even know sorc dps that people avoid coming across in game so....good luck to you in whatever game you hate on next!!
The Harbinger