Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm announcing my retirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm announcing my retirement.

MidichIorian
07.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #1
As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= free kill".
It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1
Example 2

[/QQ]

Foenixz
07.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #2
<rolleyes>

spec madness and all will be good again
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Pistols
07.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #3
Perhaps your Midichlorian count wasn't high enough?

DarkSaberMaster
07.26.2012 , 11:34 AM | #4
I guess we wouldn't be seeing this thread and your view would be the complete opposite if Sorcerers were still the king of the mountain, huh?
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

DarthOvertone
07.26.2012 , 11:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper.

Example 1
Example 2
Uh...dude, there are only 2 Maras in both of your screenshots and one didn't even appear to try in the first match. lol

And the way you state your QQ mara/pt/sniper, you realize that's essentially 3/4 classes available in the game. So what? People should only roll Sorcs/Sages? lol

Seriously, what you are saying is so QQ clouded it just doesn't make sense.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Rippeh
07.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #6
why the hell did it take you so long? i abandoned my commando for a powertechas soon as i saw the first post-1.2 balance changes and it was just 10% increase to a bunch of gunslinger skills. PVP has always been an afterthought and waiting it out instead of rerolling or quitting is always a poor decision.

Rogoo
07.26.2012 , 11:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= fre kill".
It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1
Example 2

[/QQ]
This is nothing but QQ.

Play another classes. See how very surviveable (not) you are as a sniper.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

BTW, Sorcs totally anihilate snipers dude.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Meanerr
07.26.2012 , 11:41 AM | #8
Wait, your team won 6-0 in a Voidstar vs a PT/Operative heavy team and you're complaining?

Not like the 8 times you died was an exuberant number either (low was 4, high was 17!).

In the second match, it looks like you played the same 4-man premade again but lost a close 4-6 Voidstar.

So what's the complaint again? That there's only 4 classes on each side in the game and that there's a good random possibility that you will face many of the same class in 8-man unranked warzones?
==========================================+
Good players carry their team. Bad players QQ on forums.
==========================================+

chadicus
07.26.2012 , 11:42 AM | #9
While I don't think anyone takes your "retirement" announcement as anything other than QQ; I too am growing tired of seeing 4-5 PT/vanguards in almost every warzone. The problem with patch 1.2-1.3 is that the hardest classes to play in pvp also tend to be the weakest. PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most. Pretty sad that a tick of combustive gas cylinder hits me for 1200 damage (I have 1332 exp) and my backstab non-crit hits someone for around the same pretty frequently.

Pistols
07.26.2012 , 11:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most.
I sometimes enjoy embellishing facts, especially in video games to display my rage.